[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What help is available in the UK? I've experienced some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
What help is available in the UK?

I've experienced some pretty hefty trauma ranging from my childhood to young adulthood. I tried the doctors once but they gave me SSRIs that didn't really do anything even in a high dose, and 6 weeks of therapy but the therapist was unhelpful and dismissive.

I got through the next couple of years by buckling the fuck down, but I had a big set back and am finding it really hard to recover on my own.

The therapist previously tried to give me a diagnostic label I knew didn't fit, and it makes me very hesitant to seek help. It's made me fearful I'm going to get dumb labels that limit my options, and I really don't need that for having sought help.

What's available to me in the UK on this matter?

Pic unrelated, a funny ice cream.
>>
I think I need ongoing help, not just a few weeks of therapy. I think I need to have that system in place, even if it gets slowly phased out, but I don't know how to seek that system.

I just want to have enough strength to build my life.
>>
Not much to be honest. Thank the Tories!
>>
>>17384164
Oh, so there's nothing? I don't really have close people to help me through this either. I guess if I'm completely on my own I should just use an exit strategy.

Things just aren't gonna get better.
>>
>>17384164
Could you say more about that? How Tories affected mental health help in uk?
>>
>>17384191
Large budget cuts, especially to disabled people, mental health services, and large chunks of the NHS.
>>
>>17384195
...Where did that money go?
>>
>>17384205
Banks.
>>
>>17384174
There are multiple options. You could try a therapist again, but ad you said youre hesistant, you could also Look for a support group.
If you are not too biased for that, you can always talk to a priest. Most have some basic education in therapeutics but also deal with people on some other Levels so they might be worth a shot for someone to talk to.
Suicide is a meme. Its really Not an option. Either you die regretting or you live regretting. There is definitely a way out, dont let some incompetent therapist be the end of you.
>>
>>17384216
My body hurts, I have lots of painful memories, the UK has put everyone my age in impossible debt situations, I have few friends, my family sucks, and I had people try to sabotage my grades.

I'm in a pretty bad place. I feel isolated, and like if I need help, I'll be punished for it.

I really don't want to live in this situation. It's horrible. But I don't know how to make this better when I have so much burden to try and move with me.
>>
Try speaking to your GP. They'll no doubt fob you off with some pills, or give you a number to call. Try contacting a charity called mind.

Good luck, you're going to need it. Am in a similar situation, and there's fuck all help.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.