[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Within the next month, I'll be hopping on a bus from the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Greyhound-Bus.jpg (4MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Greyhound-Bus.jpg
4MB, 3008x2000px
Within the next month, I'll be hopping on a bus from the midwest, and ending up in California. All I'll have my phone, a suitcase of clothes, and a few thousand dollars. I have a vague maybe of a job lined up and only know one person there. This is sort of an experiment more than anything. See what I can accomplish if anything and maybe meet some new people.

What I'm asking is for some stuff I have to experience. Things I need to see, do, feel. I've lived a boring ass life of playing videogames surrounded by cornfields and nobody for too long. Should I make some specific stops along the way like the Grand Canyon?

I don't know, I'm kind of just thinking out loud hear. Anyone else ever just pick up and move to somewhere totally different?
>>
Yes.
I did and failed.

But I'm not average.

If you have a job, then you can make it. Money makes everything work.

The important thing is once you have a home and a job, find fucking friends.

It sounds like "Well I have a job and a home, now I can sit back and jack off all day".
No, find friends or you'll go crazy like I did
>>
>>17383600
>Should I make some specific stops along the way like the Grand Canyon?

Definitely, that place is almost magic.
>>
>>17383620
I would be more afraid of failing, but I do have family here at home that would help me out. Worst case scenario is I lose my money, have to ask for $100 to be sent Western Union and get on another bus.

I have one friend that I make music with in an internet band type thing, he lives near San Bernardino. I'll be meeting up with him to hang out, and hopefully I get along well with his group of friends and can branch out from there.

I definitely want to be super social. I want to go to parties, the beach, skate, anything where people go to have fun and meet whoever I can.

>>17383626
What other stops are worth it? I don't mind going a little out of my way. Somebody else suggested mount rushmore to me, which would add about 5-8 hours, but that seems kind of lame to be honest.
>>
>>17383626
I think I might wanna go there, I live about 4 hours away. What's the best thing to do there? Get baked?
>>
>>17383730
There are many hiking trails. If you're lazy like most amerifats you could just get a heli ride around the Canyon while baked?

I'm sure if you draw a route you could find more noteworthy spots to stops at, like hoover dam?
>>
>>17383655
Ay you'll be in the IE? I'm in the area.

Temp agency will get ya a job if you don't want to do watehousing.
>>
>>17383995
Yep! I'll probably be staying near the pass that goes to Victorville.
You happen to know how I go about getting a Cali ID or anything else I need to do to legally become a resident once I get there?
>>
>>17384372
I'm pretty sure you just fill out aome paperwork at the dmv.

Just know that August is hot as hell so it won't be unusual to have +100F.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.