[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello /adv/ I've been having passing thoughts of suicide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1467597202688.jpg (98KB, 748x805px) Image search: [Google]
1467597202688.jpg
98KB, 748x805px
hello /adv/

I've been having passing thoughts of suicide lately. and I often times feel alone and empty, even in the presence of other people such as my family.

when should I seek professional help?
>>
>>17383537
Why are you feeling suicidal?

First, stop being such a pussy. Life is hard, so get use to it. Do something for yourself, stop excercising or lifting or something, if you're fat. You should seek it right away, if your feeling for suicide is really strong. Depressions are quite normal, everyone has one. Start doing something productive for yourself, it will help you, or at least it should.
>>
>>17383590
start* excercising
>>
>>17383537
I got lost in the forest with a girl and had to do that thing in the picture. Pretty damn good feeling. Thanks for the pic, I'm saving it.
>>
>>17383590
I do exercise, I feel nothing when I do though. no joy or reward

I also paint and make music as a hobby.

again still, I feel as if my life is just empty. I feel as though i should be better off dead
>>
>>17383619

But why? Did something happen? Are you a neet? In college? Working? Tell me something more, so I can offer something better to help you.
>>
>>17383537
>>17383619
Been like that.

What you want is an outlook.
You want a future.
You want something to build to.

What's your job?
What's your career?
How can you advance it.
>>
>>17383623
Im in college.

but like I said, I just feel empty.
I guess if you wanna do like a history

Im in college. in debt with student loans, but I dont have to pay them off until I graduate.

I don't do that well in college, but I get by. I have a job at a retail store, but I dont plan to stay there for long.

I like music, and I''m in college to become a music producer

however, I have the fleeting glimpse that I'm not going to make it. not in the slightest, I'm just buying time and making excuses, knowing that in the end, I'm going to end up just another statistic in the giant world, or I'm going to end up homeless because music doesn't pay that well.

I'm pretty ugly, I only work out to maintain a figure, so there's not much hope in finding solace in a gf, I also think that money isn't going to help me much either, as most of the time I find myself not spending it, or just saving it for something I need practically.

my dad is an asshole, but at least he's happy living alone.

my brother is too alpha and I cant connect with him

my mother is nice, but she puts too much faith in me, and vice versa.

truthfully, honestly I just feel like I would be be better off dead. no worries, no hassle, no disappointments.
>>
>>17383590
This advice is absolutely garbage. Shows literally no understanding of how depression works.

OP, usually when you start to really notice you are depressed, it's not because you became a bit depressed, its because you're used to being semi depressed and went into severe depression, call up a therapist.
>>
There is always an underlying issue if you're very depressed. Anybody telling you to do something external to try and solve an internal problem is a fuckwit.
>>
>>17383649
Not op but I went to therapy once, 6 sessions of 'lol but so what get over it'. How the fuck is therapy supposed to work? Not like that I assume.
>>
>>17383649

Yeah, a chemical imbalance in your brain. You can try to fix things by exercising or anything that releases feel good hormones, or you can be prescribed a medication that will also do that.
>>
>>17383643

The first thing that you need to do for yourself would be to change your mind set. Instead of being a bit pesimistic, try to become optimistic and, I guess, that you should study harder to have better grades and to maybe get a scolarship or is it to late for that? Looks aren't the only thing that's important in relationships, even though it plays a part. If you are fit, but know how to keep a conversation with women and how to make it interesting, you shouldn't have problems with girls. Also, try to hang out with your friend, that should help a little bit, it did for me when I was depressed.

Also, stop saying that you'd be better of dead. You wouldn't. Stop being a bitch, it won't help you in life. Start going out to bars, meet with people, talk to girls and all that. It could help you out a bit, and you never know, you might hook up with someone.
>>
>>17383666

not this anon, but it goes with what he said. If you drink, stop. Alcohol is a cns depressant, so by drinking to feel better, you'll only make things worse.
>>
>>17383666
I personally think being optimistic or pessimistic doesn't have anything to do with it.

I also don't really care about my grades all that much, if I'm being honest, I'm going through college so I have a better chance at getting a higher paying job, or at least a job that requires me to do less and get paid more.

I don't like talking to people, quite honestly, if I was talking to someone like you I would've just left mid conversation. you seem like an ass.

>Start going out to bars, meet with people, talk to girls and all that

nigga you're stupid
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.