[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Living with "friend" >"Friend" has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1468901969151.jpg (37KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1468901969151.jpg
37KB, 612x612px
>Living with "friend"
>"Friend" has shitty old beater truck
>Spend $400 to fix it
>Insure it
>Drive it twice, he says I need to stop using it so much
>Constsntly argue about it, eventually move to other friends house and demand my money back.
>Says he "doesn't owe me anything" but eventually agrees
>Pays me back half
>Bought old broken town car from me before all this
>Says he refuses to give me the other half of the money until he gets the ownership, but is never available when service Ontario is open
>Is trying to justify keeping a bunch of the money I spent because of the two fucking times I got to drive it

I don't know what to fucking do. He's being the most unreasonable ashat to me. And it's so sudden too, he was never like this before I moved in.
>>
>>17382769
You made this thread before, we gave you advice. get the fuck out already if you dont want to listen dramaqueen
>>
why on earth would you spend money on someone else's car?
>>
>>17382769
He has the title, you have a dickhead friend.

Move on. Its $200. Stop insuring it. If he drives it, he will be busted.
>>
Unfortunately from a legal standpoint you simply gave him money for the truck

Learn from it. It's all you can do
>>
>>17382779
Because it seemed easier than searching junkyards for a car. Plus I thought I could trust him. This is the first time he's ever really acted like this, I really don't understand where it's coming from.
>>
>Finally talk him into giving me the money
>We have to go to his brothers house for it
>Get mad, kinda lose temper throw pen at brothers truck
>As we drive off he kicks my friends car
>Lose temper, run out and just start beating on him
>He's threatening to press charges now

I fucked up
>>
>>17382776
This

Please kys Brandon
>>
Fuck guys new shit hit the fan

>Simply throw out his house keys when I moved out because I didn't need them
>He found out and now he's demanding I pay for all new locks for the house
>Brother also claiming the pen dented his truck and he's gonna call the cops on me

I have no fucking clue what to do. They're not getting a single fucking cent from me tho that's for sure
>>
>>17382946
You literally have the legal responsibility to pay for both of these things anon.
>>
>>17382946
They're getting it they really want it.

It's not hard to take you to small claims and force wage garnishments. It's actually a simple process.

>file claim
>anon doesn't show or is ruled against
>garnish wages
>anon pays for what he owes, plus court costs and interest
>anon gets a bitchslapping on his history
>>
>>17382971
So should I just suck it up and give them the money?
>>
>>17382972
Yes. You're going to pay it back regardless if you want to or not, the more resistant you are the cost increases, not to mention it will go on file and a judgement will show on your credit history.

Employers see this, lenders see this, and property managers see this.

Your best bet is to pay it back, anon. I'm sorry but that's life. It's going to be a lot cheaper to negotiate this than incur additional costs.
>>
>>17383005
And what do I do about the potential assault charge?

I doubt a judge will say "yeah well you kinda deserved it" and drop the case
>>
>>17383005
If I were a cop and someone tried to claim that a pen dented their truck I'd laugh in they're face and drive away
>>
>>17383017
You won't face assault charges for damage to a vehicle. In a criminal matter it's destruction/damage to property in accordance with the laws in your area. If you claim it was accidental, it's likely nothing will come of it unless a civil suit is brought against you for negligence, and in any case if you caused damage to someone's property either accidentally or intentionally, you will be held liable. Check the laws in your area if it bothers you and/or research tort statutes in your state.
>>17383023
Me too, but he should be worried about the potential financial aspect of it, not any criminal charges. But I wouldn't worry too much about that, personally.
>>
>>17383081

Read >>17382856

This is why I'm worried about assault charges.
>>
>>17383083
Oh sorry, I did not see that, anon.

Battery is a whole new matter.

If he kicked your car in a threatening manner, then you have a valid defense of protecting yourself and/or personal property from his advances. A pen hitting a truck is not the same as someone grossly kicking someone's vehicle, particular if another party was inside.

If you did not threaten to harm him, then it's not assault. Assault is threatening someone with harm and having a clear ability to carry out that harm.

If anything, a reasonable prosecuting attorney would tell you both to go sit in a corner and stop crying or serve up battery charges against you both and letting a court decide.
>>
>>17383116
Also ..

Battery is harming someone intentionally and voluntarily. Him being aggressive with the kick against the vehicle is a valid defense.

Assault and Battery is threatening harm, having the ability to carry out the harm, and intentionally and voluntarily doing all of that.

They have certain elements that are required to prove in court for these charges to even stick.

With that said, I think you're 100% okay, anon. You went to retrieve money, subjects were hostile, attacked your vehicle and you protected yourself and property.
>>
>>17383116
Chances are if it were to go to court they would say he fully provoked it anyways.

Usually if someone's being a huge dick and it gets them beat up they'll pretty much say "you kinda deserved it" and drop it.
>>
>>17383128
Agreed. It may actually backfire against the other guy, too.
>>
Cops have yet to show up at our door.

I think we're in the clear.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.