[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the need for companionship/love ever go away? I'm a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: punpungrowth.png (342KB, 800x545px)
punpungrowth.png
342KB, 800x545px
Does the need for companionship/love ever go away?
I'm a 23 year old virgin and I was wondering if it'll ever fade or disappear.
I've tried some drugs before that kind of numbed me enough to not care but I'd rather not ruin my health with those.

I used to be really depressed about being like this a few years ago but it's gotten way better and nowadays it's just something that gets on my mind when I have some alone time, that's why I'm wondering if it'll just keep fading away.
>>
1. You can get used to just about anything.
2. The less desperate you are the better your chances of actually starting a relationship, if someone eventually catches your eye.
3. You're in your early 20s. You have no idea what your life is gonna be like, it's barely started.

So, you'll either be alone the rest of your life and fine with it, or (much more likely) alone and pretty ok with it until you meet someone who likes you. You're fine either way.
>>
>>17380598
It comes and goes, you'll see friends with their gf's or 2 people making out on the street and think, 'I wish I knew or had that' but so far it never really goes away, not that I noticed.
>>
>>17380598
well the thing with love is why not..unless youve been hurt. so no, it doesnt go away.
>>
>>17380667
>1. You can get used to just about anything.
Yeah, this is pretty much what I was thinking.
I read a lot of posts where people talked about how their loneliness is driving them crazy and how the lack of relationships messes with their head but I think I weathered that storm for the most part.

I don't think I'll suddenly just hit rock bottom again,

>>17380680
Usually for me it's not even seeing couples or stuff like that. I get somewhat feelsy when I'm alone at home and I'd enjoy letting my walls down a bit around someone.
>>
>>17380695
Well shit, now I think I'm jealous and insecure, cause I'm at peace with myself when I'm alone.
>>
>>17380711
I think the reason I don't feel much when I see couples and people being affectionate because it lacks the intimacy and it feels a bit foreign.
It's easy for me to not concentrate on stuff in public.

I usually feel at peace with myself when I'm alone as well, especially since social interactions really drain me. It's just that passing thought of getting comfy and talking about stuff or just falling asleep next to someone who loves you that gets to me a bit.
>>
>>17380598
You will get used to it. Most of the time, you'll never notice it and when you do, it'll be but just for a fleeting moment. The trick is finding some sort of hobby or activity which you find enjoyable. Find something, learn to love it and get better at it. This will let you feel good about yourself, it will improve you. This helped me at least, hope it can help you too.
And I don't think that drugs are a good thing to fill the void of loneliness. After the buzz goes away, you just go back to square one.
>>
>>17380777
I'm trying to find a hobby/passion that can take my mind off of things.
Drugs were fine as far as the effects go but the problem is that I'd rather not fuck my health that bad.
>>
>>17380733

>It's just that passing thought of getting comfy and talking about stuff or just falling asleep next to someone who loves you that gets to me a bit.

Me too.

I'm approaching 27 and I'm the same as you. In the intervening years, I did a lot and managed to sort of forget about all that. My life is objectively much better than it was in every way.

But then I became smitten with someone and now all my insecurity is back after that long interval. Point being, I failed to get used to it. I ignored it and it came back when I was vulnerable.
>>
>>17381923
Yup, exactly what I'm afraid of.
I try my best to ignore opportunities and my social activities are really limited so thankfully the chances of developing feelings for someone are fairly low, but still I fear that something like that might happen.

I don't know if it's you failing to get used to it or just a moment of letting your defenses down accidentally.
>>
>>17380695
>I read a lot of posts where people talked about how their loneliness is driving them crazy and how the lack of relationships messes with their head but I think I weathered that storm for the most part.
You'll have relapses, but if you think the worst is over, it probably is.

>>17381923
>But then I became smitten with someone and now all my insecurity is back after that long interval. Point being, I failed to get used to it. I ignored it and it came back when I was vulnerable
Did it come back as badly? Did you completely regress?
>>
>>17381973
It wasn't so much a matter of active defenses dropping as that I had just not had interest in anyone in the last several years. I placed other goals much higher, but then I reached them, thereby making old demoted goals, like relationships, come to mind again. And the possibility of having that relationship, and the large amount of pressure that would obviously come with that possibility as a person who has generally lacked that, is hard to bear.

>>17382025
>Did you completely regress?

No, because now it is a combination of old insecurities and the experience of having thankfully grown up a fair bit as a person since then. I am more in control of myself, I learned to stop pussing around and just DO IT, but this a weird ache that I haven't had to face for a long time. I'm also held together by the fact that I haven't been rejected or anything, rather she's been pretty receptive to me, but external circumstances are keeping us in different places for awhile.

I'm taking it as a challenge to myself to make a decisive move soon when we're around each other again, which is something my younger self would not have done due to fear and fatalism. If I do this, I'll have broken one of my old boundaries, and I'll be proud of that even if I'm ultimately rejected. So, I'm not simply regressing, I'm being given the chance to face an old insecurity, which is ultimately good. But it hurts at the moment.
>>
>>17382481
Well, at least you've got a better outlook on it than I do. I wouldn't try even if I had an opportunity to do so.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.