[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doctor prescribed prednisone and I'm on my first day and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: blood8.jpg (29KB, 250x255px) Image search: [Google]
blood8.jpg
29KB, 250x255px
Doctor prescribed prednisone and I'm on my first day and tired as hell.

I can barely keep my eyes open to type this. Extreme Tiredness is listed as a side effect. While waiting for the Inappropriate Happiness or the Loss of contact with reality (also side effects) how do I stay awake?

I have to function tomorrow and I'm dead tired. Does going to be early help with this? Lots of Coffee? Drank a caffinated mt. dew and it did nothing for me. What else can I do to counteract the sleepies?

Going to be early in a few but I need to know what to do to get through the bits of tomorrow I need to function. I asked /fit/ in /fraud/ but they had nothing for me, probably wrong kind of steroids vs. pinning.

>20mg x 2, 3/day five days
>>
>>17380561
You have either written the wrong drug name or are feeling effects from a different drug. prednisone causes insomnia and i mainly used in cancer treatment to weaken immune systems.
>>
>>17380570
trouble sleeping is in there:
Common side effects of prednisone include:

Headache
Dizziness
Trouble sleeping
Inappropriate happiness
Severe mood swings
Personality change
Bulging eyes
Acne
Thin, fragile skin
Red or purple blotches or lines under the skin
Slowed healing of cuts and bruises
Increased body hair growth
Changes in the way fat is distributed in the body
Extreme tiredness
Weak muscles
Irregular or absent menstrual periods
Low sex drive
Heartburn
Unusual sweating
>>
Ever consider that you're just genuinely tired and placebo/nocebo effect is making you blame the drug?
>>
>>17380577
nope. I am extremely tired all the time (SAHD toddler twins). It's fucking brutal. I know exhaustion like the back of my hand. This is different. This is melatonin level sleepiness. It would actually be rather comforting if I didn't need to be functional because rest is something I haven't gotten for three fucking years.

tl;dr only one thing has changed, that's the prednisone
>>
>>17380561

I suppose anyone can experience a medicine any way, but it is highly unusual to be experiencing extreme exhaustion on prednisone. Every time I was on prednisone I would rage out, not sleep, and eat everything in sight. I would phone your prescribing doctor asap and ask them about this.
>>
>>17380575
The sleep problem is insomnia.

https://www.drugs.com/prednisone.html

I have a daughter who has leukemia and is on the drug right this moment. I am up right now because she can sleep well with it and dexamethasone on week one of chemo.

I am not trying to be a dick i am just saying if your tired you should sleep because Fuck prednisone.
>>
>>17380590
sorry bro. a fellow SAHD just had his kid through ALL and is like two weeks clean. the kid ate like a madman and slept all the time. he was on a different steroid (on top of the chemo and everything else). the good news is like two days after the treatment stopped he was up at the playground.
>>
>>17380615
Thanks man. That is good to hear. 1 more year to go for us.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.