[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /adv/ how do I get myself out of this one? > Be camp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1452103088930.jpg (56KB, 640x696px) Image search: [Google]
1452103088930.jpg
56KB, 640x696px
Alright /adv/ how do I get myself out of this one?

> Be camp director
> all other staff have taken days off for various reasons in the past two weeks
> need a day off myself
> tell everyone I have to drive my grandma to an appointment and messed up my dates for it
> boss happens to come in to camp that day (she came in the past 3 days, it was an unprecedented streak)
> According to my asst. director she seemed weird about me not being there
> Boss asks me to call her when I'm free

What do? I have a great track record for the past two years with this group, and I just tried to take one day off to sleep for once since my schedule is so hectic. I'm not sure if she'll press me to provide proof of the appointment or not. Unfortunately honesty wouldn't be the best way to go here. I'll need these references for my future career.
>>
>>17379279
>Boss asks me to call her when I'm free.

Stop sperging and call her back. Stick to your story. For all you know she want to know if you saw where her favorite clipboard went.
>>
>>17379295

I'm pretty confident she's calling in regards to me not being there. My asst. director said she was "weird" about it, and 30 minutes or so later she texts me that. I'm gonna be calling her back at the time consistent with my story, because I told them I wouldn't be back until around 2:30. I'm thinking that sticking to the story is my best way to go, and I'll likely get off with just her saying "dunt do that," but I've got no alibi if she presses me for proof.
>>
Amateur.

Never, ever lie about things like doctor's appointments. They can be verified far too easily. But it's worse. If you've shared your GPS data they can tell you haven't gone anywhere near Grandma's house.

You can say you're sick, just not sick enough to go to the doctor, and stay home and play vidya lest someone bring by chicken soup.

As a boss, I would much rather have heard "I'm flippin' tired and need a day off" than the absolute bullshit people fed me thinking I'd swallow it. If the boss is decent at all, you'd earn yourself a shitton of points if you told the truth now, and said why you didn't feel comfortable asking for a fully justified day off.
>>
>>17379304

To continue, a good employee with a solid track record should not be made so uncomfortable by the boss that they have to lie about taking a day off. Your boss' management can see this, but you can't (right now). So if she goes and tattles on you, SHE is the one who looks bad (by overburdening you with duties that she herself probably should have been doing).

Please tell me this is some kind of religious camp. Oh that would be great. . .she works her employees so hard and can't appreciate their limitations/boundaries that they are forced to lie about it.

I would have loved an opportunity like this. Loved it.
>>
>>17379304
>>17379321

Unfortunately it isn't. It's a town camp too, so my boss is the head of the Rec department. I believe she only answers to the mayor. I can't exactly trust the mayor to come to my aid, as I barely know him, so I'm thinking I'll just invoke medical privacy laws if she questions me on the appointment.
>>
Are personal days/"Don't wanna go postal" days nonexistent for you?
>>
>>17379354

It's a pretty rinky-dink operation. Pretty sure we don't have those.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.