[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay i need some advice regarding this : >friend invites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: help.jpg (6KB, 276x126px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
6KB, 276x126px
Okay i need some advice regarding this :

>friend invites me to celebrate her birthday
>i just found out that she also invited one of the guys who has spent more than a year stalking me
>she also told him that I will be there. Somehow it didn't occur to her that this would be a bad idea.
>she didn't think to tell me that one of my stalkers would be there either until i asked who else was going
>this is one of the guys who used to harrass not just me but my friends and is part of a group that was going around asking people to try and get my personal details
>my friend insists that he has changed and is no longer the old person i know and really wants me to celebrate her birthday with her

I've told her that i have concerns with my safety over this but she insists it will be fine and nothing will happen. But she can't really do anything about it if he calls his stalker friends and a whole group of them secretly shows up to make a public spectacle or something.

Can anyone give me any advice about this?
>>
You sound a bit paranoid, but i dont know how severe this supposed stalking situation was.

Anyway, if youre actually concerned for your safety, dont go, or tell her to uninvite the guy, but that is probably much less likely to happen unless you two are good friends...
>>
>>17378822
Yea i pointed out the potential issues to her, but she just insisted that she has changed and nothing will happen.

She says she only invited her closest friends and really wants me to go. I'm not sure but i think she might have made some reservations somewhere, so that's another potential problem.
>>
>>17378837
*insisted that he has changed
>>
>>17378810

are you male or female?
>>
>>17378872
How would that differ in your response?
>>
>>17378810
>Can anyone give me any advice about this?

just don't fucking go. what an attention whore. and your friend is a total asshole
>>
>>17378885
anyone else?
>>
>>17378810
Buy a gun or mace. He tries anything funny, and potentially life threatening, hose him. Otherwise don't go. Your friend sounds like a cunt.
>>
...Just don't go. Also, is your friend brain damaged?
>>
Alright how do i handle my friend then? She thinks im paranoid and i dont want to damage my relationship with her.
>>
>>17378935
don't fucking go! This girl is not really a friend if they (she and your stalker) are connected to get you there. Don't take her word he has changed.
>>
>>17378810
bring pepper spray with you, do not hesitate to deploy it if the need arises
>>
>>17378810
As some one who, at points, could probably be perceived as a stalker(Was madly infatuated with a girl I never really spoke to), I'd just say...

>Give the guy a second chance
>If this is a matter of safety, make sure there are guys there you feel safe around. If not? Ask if one can come. Dudes enjoy nothing more than making a girl feel safe. It's almost what we're hardwired to do.
>Based on the fact she may have made reservations, you'll probably be in a restaurant. What's the worst that can happen?
>Him bringing all his 'stalker buddies'? Really? You think he's not elated that your friend has let him come in the first place?

I think its sad women are this afraid of men. Regardless of whether its justified or not.
>>
>>17379186
>I think its sad women are this afraid of men. Regardless of whether its justified or not.
Are you fucking kidding me

>Women shouldn't be afraid of men
>Even if it's justified

Are you clinically retarded?
>>
>>17379210
You've misunderstood me.

I meant it as in it's sad both ways. It's sad if it IS justified and its sad if it ISN'T.

I never said, if its justified, that women shouldn't be. You said that and you assumed that. Stop being so angry, not even to sound patronising, its not good for you. If something doesn't sound like it makes sense, don't jump to fury, at least ask for clarification and reasoning.
>>
You know when I've gotten into really big-time trouble? When I didn't trust my instincts.

You know this is a bad idea. If you didn't you sure wouldn't be on some Cambodian Knitting Pattern Swap Forum asking for help.

The question really should be why don't you trust your instincts. So, anon, why would you willingly put yourself in harm's way? Do you really like the attention that this "stalker" is giving you? Do you like feeling like that special someone that has so enraptured another that they are willing to break the law for you?

How very romantic.
>>
>>17379226
Here's the thing about words: how you use them matters. People can't guess what you actually meant to say when you use your words the wrong way
>>
>>17379261
English isn't my first language so when I look at that I can't see anything other than

>It's sad when women are this afraid of men. Regardless of whether their fear is justified or unjustified.

I did not say

>Women shouldn't be this afraid of men. Regardless of whether its justified or not.

I literally don't know how you came to that conclusion. If I had said...

>It's sad when women are afraid of men both for justified and unjustified reasons

You'd have read

>Women shouldn't be afraid of men both for justified and unjustified reasons.

The reason I said you should stop being so angry is because it looks like you decided to lash out at me by pretty much saying I said something that I never even implied.
>>
>>17379186
To clarify, the stalking had nothing to do with romantic intent. He and his buddies were simply out to harrass me as much as possible. Some of the stuff they did was scam one of my friends simpl because he was my friend, contacted my friends in private to try and get them to ditch me and tricked me into using some voice chat program so that they could yell vulgarities at me over the net (they insisted they had something very important to discuss with me).

Somehow this guy has now become one of my friend's "closest friends" (her words). This really disturbs me because a very similar situation happened before with another friend...they approached one of my friends in secret, became buddy buddy with him, and meanwhile they were harrassing me the whole time...and when I mentioned it to my friend, he refused to believe me because "they are too nice to do that" and he cut off all contact with me because I was "badmouthing his friends".

I'm afraid that they did the same thing and have tricked another one of my friends into believing they are nice people when they are just waiting for the chance to get at me again.
>>
>>17379237
Yea I guess you are right. I met shifty people and gave them the benefit of the doubt, and they screwed me over later. And i just kept thinking that I should have trusted my instincts on this one.

The problem now is to avoid deterioting my relationship with my friend who is inviting me to celebrate her birthday with her.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.