[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today I saw a patient today who had lost 30 pounds in the last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1466363589504.png (527KB, 547x547px) Image search: [Google]
1466363589504.png
527KB, 547x547px
Today I saw a patient today who had lost 30 pounds in the last 3 months and had rectal bleeding and I knew she had cancer. She probably knew too but decided to be in denial about it. I had to transfuse her with 2 units of packed RBC's because her hemoglobin was so low. I knew she was going to die as I admitted her to the floor. I couldn't bring myself to do the CT in the emergency room.

Today I had to tell a young girl she's pregnant. She was just pissed off. I think she'll probably get an abortion.

Today I had to tell a daughter her Dad died. He showed up without a pulse and I organized a few rounds of CPR and gave some epinephrine, but I knew it was useless. She found him down after coming to visit for breakfast. The eggs were burning for a while. After I told her he was gone she ran into the resuscitation room and started pounding on his chest.

I hate my girlfriend and want to break up with her. She's a selfish bitch. But every time she gets a hunch I want to do it she does something like make a huge dinner and I can't bring myself to go through with it.

I don't know what I need advice on I'm just venting somewhere.
>>
>>17377893
>op is a doctor
Just say it, its over with us
Or its not working out
Your life us stressful enugh you dont need to stress about this
>>
I forgot to mention I had to have security remove the girl from her dad so he could go to the morgue.

>>17377903
I think I'm going to tomorrow
>>
jesus christ OP
>>
>>17377923
Well hey, at least you have a career right? Im 20 and have done less with my life then most men my age, havent bought a car, have a job but its unreliable under the table work, have unreliable friends, havent been in a serious relationship with someone since like i was a sophmore, in high school, dropped out of college because one whore started a rumor about me that i was a pedobear, and now most people wont trust me (and im not ugly either so idk what happens here). Most women i meat i end up fucking because im scared of commitment, and as many times as i try to start a relationship, i fuck it up some how, sorry doc just venting, you have a good life is all im saying
>>
I'm studying medicine right now. I admire you taking on these struggles and just know you will be stronger by overcoming them.
>>
>>17377893
>vent thread
Thank God, I need to vent also.

Just lost my job 3 weeks ago. I've been managing warehouses for years. Suddenly I can't seem to get hired anywhere for any reason.
I have degree, I have experience, but every God damn app I fill out gets rejected or they tell me the position is now filled.

Had to take a labor job throwing boxes out of a truck for a temp agency. Fucking only pays 12$ an hour , and I'm only temp help. I used to make 73000$ annually with up to 30 direct reports.

Every night I drink myself to sleep and contemplate blowing my fucking brains out. There better be a God damn light at the end of this tunnel..
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 236x188px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 236x188px
Being a doc must be so emotionally draining. I agree with the other Anon. Drop the gf as quickly and cleanly as you can. A partner should be a sanctuary to come home to,not another source of stress.

I am worried about my sister in law. I love her so goddamned much, but she is a complete mess. She is 24 and had only just gotten a car, a job, and was starting to kind of almost get her life together (Even though she lives withHER older sister) when her brother died in January from drunk driving. Then she quits her job, and promptly gets a DUI. Lost the license, lost the car, and of course we are all pissed at her over this. She has a boyfriend now, which I thought might be good for her, but he is 30 and moved in with HER (So actually her sister and her husband) so I am guessing he isn't the most stable influence.
She is depressed. She lost her mom when she was like 13. Her dad is a homeless drug addict. Her brother was so close to her, and he dies at 26. I wish so much I could make things better for her, and if she hadn't quit her job she might be able to get some help, but no one else can pull her out of this. She has so many nieces and nephews who adore her, and her sisters (including myself) need her so badly, but I know there really isn't anything we can do.
>>
>I hate my girlfriend and want to break up with her. She's a selfish bitch.
Just get rid of her, you have real problems to deal with. Your girlfriend should be there to help you with your problems, not make them worse. Just dump, regardless of whether or not she tries to guilt you with a big dinner. (Like you said, she's not doing that for you, she's doing it so she won't get dumped.)
>>
I thought you would be smarter about this doc, but then again you're human.

It's hard to be completely logical at times.

Your loved one should be- as another anon said- a sanctuary to come back to.

Get rid of her if she only causes more stress, no matter how hard it may be for either you, her, or both.

From,

Inspiring-to -be -a-doctor anon
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.