[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>not overly involved in politics, I follow and read up on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: uNTD9C4.png (373KB, 492x678px) Image search: [Google]
uNTD9C4.png
373KB, 492x678px
>not overly involved in politics, I follow and read up on what's happening (unlike most other girls) and such but I don't go on /pol/ or anything
>supported rand paul then Trump after paul dropped out
>not an overzealous /pol/ or /r/the_donald Trump fan, I just agree with more of his policies and ideals than the other candidates
>my boyfriend wants to vote for Hillary Clinton because Trump has made 'racist and sexist comments' and he doesn't want to be ostracized by his friends and family
>I can't help but think of him as less of a man for it

How can I stop thinking like this? I love him and want to marry and have children with him some day, but I just can't seem to get passed him wanting to vote for hillary because literally 'trump said mean things'. It's not even a good reason, he even admits policy-wise Trump is the better option but he doesn't want to vote because he said mean things and peer pressure.
>>
Your boyfriend sounds immature and doormat-y as fuck. Leave him.
>>
>>17377872
Ask yourself this question:

What policy has Trump provided to me that I can really support?

And, before you say Wall, or China or Make Grapes Again ..

READ the actual policy; but that will be hard, because none exist. It's ALL rhetoric, there is NO policy for any of that shit.
>>
>>17377872
You're an immature, small-minded idiot if you let politics come between you and the love you have for someone. My parents are polar opposites when it comes to politics, and they have the strongest, most loving marriage of anyone I've ever met. 45 years. They don't talk politics. They love one another as life partners.

You sound like a cunt for thinking less of your mate for their political ideas. Ideas that will pass in time with each new election cycle.

Dump him so he can find someone who isn't such a small minded cunt.
>>
>>17377890
>>17377894
It's not so much who he's voting for as to why.

>he said mean things and my family will think less of me so I'll vote against him even though I agree with him on 90% of the issues
>>
>>17377872
>he wants to vote for HRC
Holy shit , drop this guy. Politics are important . People can change their views , true , but if he says things like that he clearly has no desire for any sort of intellectual conversation , and thus definitely terrible father material .
>>
>>17377900
in fact I'm almost certain the 'mean things' part is BS and he's purely voting because of peer pressure
>>
>>17377900
There is a 100% chance you have done something, thought something and conformed to something because you wanted to appease your friends or family. Every human alive has at some point in their life. Whether it was in 2nd grade, 9th grade or at 65 years old. Guaranteed, you've done it. So Ms. Perfect, why do you think you should hold this over his head? Why is this such a huge issue that you can't let it go and dismiss it as a young person's naive mindset?

Unless you're both over 40, you're still children with a lot of growing to do.
>>
>>17377913
How is he supposed to protect me and our family if he bases his vote for who will lead the entire nation based on "my friends and family don't like him"? If his friends and family don't like me, am I gone?

And no, I haven't ever serious conformed to anything because the people around me have that opinion. Maybe I'll say I have or give in slightly but that's just for show and my actual opinion and voting intentions never stray.
>>
>>17377920
>implying the presidential election is serious
>implying your choice matters at all
>implying the president has any real power
>implying it isn't Congress and the SCOTUS who decide what's going on

All this thread has proven is that you're really retarded
>>
>>17377920
Yes you have, and stop pretending otherwise, cunt. You're like one of those people that says they've never bullied anyone before or hurt someone's feelings or said mean things behind their back. We've all done it sometime, somewhere.

Literally what correlation is their between his ability to protect you and who he votes for? Not like a vote matters, not like it's indicative of anything, not like "the leader of the entire nation" is a result of his actions. You said yourself that you're not overly involved in politics, so why are you bitching about his conformism? Maybe he doesn't give much of a shit about politics either and is doing what he can to shut them up and avoid heckling from you and his parents.

p.s trump is cancer and so are you
>>
>>17377925
Expect Bush went to war in Iraq and Afghanistan without ever getting a declaration of war from Congress... And just like at the vets and the Middle East now .
>>
>>17377872
Your boyfriend sounds like a bit of a faggot.
>>
>>17377934
>trump is cancer and so are you
Unless you're Kokesh, fuck off .

There's not a single argument in this post , and you start off by calling her a cunt . Truly you are sage we should bow down to .

>dudeeeee it doesn't matter lollllll xD who cares who he votes for he can still be a good husband !!!
>now please marry me instead ...
>>
> I just agree with more of his policies and ideals than the other candidates

by which you mean you're a gullible retard? I'm not sure if I'd be more disappointed in you if you simply had no idea what his real policies are, or if you actually agreed with them

....so this is a trump shill thread, right? pretending to be moderate, sensible, "not like most other girls", etc - and then suddenly it's not manly to vote for the literal fucktard? yeah right.
>>
>>17377937
Holy shit you are fucking retarded. So you honestly believe because some chucklefuck uses the word "war," that it is the same thing as formal declaration of war?

So I suppose you think the "war on drugs" is an actual declared war?

Bush did not go to war with anyone. To go to war would imply Congressional consent and declaration. Bush is a mongoloid who liked using buzzwords.

You sound similarly uneducated and stupid.
>>
>>17377934
Oh yeah Trump is a misogynist and you totally aren't despite calling me a cunt and attacking me purely because of my gender

I'd feel the same way if he supported another candidate's policies and was peer pressured into voting for Trump too. I feel like he has no backbone or principles at all.

>p.s trump is cancer and so are you

Said the misogynist trying to be progressive
>>
>>17377950
Here it is! The muh-soggy-knee card. Hurt feels because the C word was thrown around, despite it being a gender-neutral derogatory term. :( :( :(

Back to tumblr, cunt.
>>
>>17377946
>this pretzel of logic

I don't even know who you're trying to make fun of here, or if it's yourself, but it's entertaining
>>
>>17377955
If you're going to imply someone is wrong, you should spell out why you think that. Otherwise you're entirely unimportant to a discussion.
>>
>>17377946
I , uh.
Are you serious right now?

Are you denying the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? Please tell me you're not trolling .
>>
>>17377958
>being active in combat is the same as a formal declaration of war

Uh, are YOU serious right now?
>>
>>17377957
because the difference between a formal declaration of war and an informal military action is basically nil; in either case it's a bad thing. The other poster's point was that the presidency matters because the president can still order terrible things. Since your argument that it not being formally declared war was so laughable, I assumed it was some sort of subtle troll - but now I understand that you're just fucking retarded.

Also I should mention the president gets to nominate the next SCOTUS, and there's an open vacancy right now, and therefore even otherwise assuming that your fucktard opinions were right, the presidential election would still matter by proxy.

Go back to /pol/, idiot.
>>
>>17377934
>Literally what correlation is their between his ability to protect you and who he votes for?
First of all, she said it a bunch of times that it isn't about who he voted for but why.
Seconldy (and this is just my personal opinion) is the vote, especially for something as important as the president of the united states really big. I don't get this "lul why does it matter who he votes for xDxD" mantra. Of course who someone votes for and especially why says something about the person. And you should have no obligations to be friends with someone who you don't agree with if you don't want to. Or should you be forced to be friends with a neonazi on the basis of "why does it matter?".

>>17377872
As for Op, I'd discuss it with him. Maybe call him out on his reasoning. Though I'd try to be understanding. As someone who got a lot of hate from friends and family for her political choices it is pretty shitty to go through that.
>and then vote libertarian

Good luck.
>>
>>17377872
Vote for who you want to vote for. Let him vote for who he wants to vote for.

It's called democracy.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.