[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never thought that me not wanting kids would be so relevant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: happy-kids-clipart-transparent.png (157KB, 640x347px) Image search: [Google]
happy-kids-clipart-transparent.png
157KB, 640x347px
I never thought that me not wanting kids would be so relevant for any guy. Is it so much of a deal breaker?

My boyfriend recently dumped me because he claims his lifelong dream is to have kids, and because I am firm on not wanting them (not my own, not adopted ones), he says we have no future and stuff.

I feel that I am not worthy of love because of it, that he wants just a bypass to his dream and doesn't really value me as an individual.
>>
You are an evolutionary dead end. No sane man would consider a future with you.
>>
>>17377125
why? because I have more aspirations than just becoming a housewife?
>>
>>17377118
>Is it so much of a deal breaker?
Kids? Yeah. That's a HUGE deal breaker. This is one of the things people need to be clear about before they truly commit long term.

>he says we have no future and stuff.
That's a little extreme, I wouldn't say you have NO future, but the chances of you two having a HAPPY future is really slim to none.

>I feel that I am not worthy of love because of it
This is a normal feeling after ending a relationship; it's temporary. If you truly feel like this after a long time than you have self-worth issues - you don't love yourself, and only you can fix that.

>he wants just a bypass to his dream and doesn't really value me as an individual
You DO NOT want kids. If he stuck around and tried to convince you to have some is really shitty of him. By leaving he protected his and your feelings. If you two stuck together, ONE of you would have been miserable in the end. It's wrong to force a relationship on those terms.
>>
People have different goals and dreams. Don't be hard on yourself just find someone with compatable aspirations. Don't be too hard on your bf either, unconditional love is a big thing that most times need to grow for years. Having kids could be his great dream in life so despite the fact that he might love you he might respect you to not want to force you into decision. And to be honest most times we love someone for their qualities and being compatible with us. You two just weren't.
>>
>>17377134
>Implying having aspirations and children are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>17377118
Children are important to some people and not important to others. How is a revelation to you? He wanted crotch fruit real bad and you didn't. End of story. Nothing to see here folks. Move along.
>>
>>17377134
having kids doesn't reduce you to a life of housewiving
>>
>I feel that I am not worthy of love because of it, that he wants just a bypass to his dream and doesn't really value me as an individual.
Having children is a big deal. Not sure how autistic you have to be to turn this around as if he has to stick to you and never have children just because you don't realize other normal people have a strong wish to raise children.
>>
>>17377118

plenty of guys dont want kids, just find one famn
>>
>>17377118

One of the reasons I finaly got together with a girl after not wanting to date anymore was because she didn't want children either.

I broke up with my girl before that because she did want kids.
>>
>>17377118
>I never thought ME not having kids would be so relevant to a guy

If this isn't b8, I don't think I've ever read something that self centered in awhile .
>>
File: 2303251468088965680.jpg (53KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
2303251468088965680.jpg
53KB, 960x960px
Congratulations. You're morally superior to people who want children out of self interest.
>>
>>17377139
Agree to all of it.

>>17377134
When you're dating a person, you aim to live the rest of the life with said person. Children is a huge part of "a life". He would rather leave you, to find someone who he can get His future with.

>>17377153
Yes, this.
>>
>>17377118
Sucks for you desu, recently got a gf that hates kids as much as I do.
>>
I'm a guy, and I dont want kids.
We exist. Chill.
>>
File: 1469041093150.png (1MB, 1374x973px) Image search: [Google]
1469041093150.png
1MB, 1374x973px
A relationship is more than just a connection between two people. You are effectively saying you want to build a future together, and if what you are envisioning in the future is mutually exclusive with what the other person wants then it is only reasonable to end things. It doesnt mean either person is in the wrong.

>>17377134
This however indicates you have no respect for what he wanted. You never gave any inclination that he demanded you become a stay at home mom, and are projecting onto him all sorts of ideas.
>>
>>17378147
Good stuff here.
>>
>>17378147

Agree *bump*

Listen to this anon OP.
>>
>>17377192
It does use a lot of time.
>>
>>17377118

You are too wrong to consider your decision 100% correct and thinking that you ll stick to it until the late elderly years. Most women are like this until the age of 30-32.
It seems to me a legit thinkig since , you need to have responsibility to be able to even think of having kids , and fcking around with lots of guys. not having a stable job career etc. all get in the way before even thinking of kids.

There will come a time (around the age I said previously) when you are gonna be desperate to find someone legit to raise your kids with, and thats a bad timing coz most good ones are taken.

You should reconsider weather you want to have children or not LATER in your lifespan, and then find the proper words to pass such an idea to your next boyfriend/previous if relationship was great , this matter aside.
>>
>>17378280

Same guy here.
And btw yes his thinking was good and picking to prioritize his life and his goals instead of yours is not selfish.
Its selfish to want to be with someone with different ambitions.
You are the only selfish one thinking he ditched you instead of you pushing him away.

Its in our genes to want to reproduce. Its literally our main purpose of existence.

I repeat, reconsider if what you want is to die alone with no family, just so you can enjoy 10 more years of job , which with a good planning and grandmas/grandpas willing to help raise the little one is still doable.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.