[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /adv/, I've been helping you for years, and this time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: cold_shoulder.jpg (247KB, 1537x1118px) Image search: [Google]
cold_shoulder.jpg
247KB, 1537x1118px
Ok /adv/, I've been helping you for years, and this time I need YOUR help

I've chatted up with this girl on a dating site a couple of times over the past 2 weeks. We got some ok conversations and she seems decent, so I decide to ask her out. Then, she just gives me the cold shoulder.

I'm wondering if it might be something I said, so here goes:

>HER: I'm visiting family in CITY-A, and having a relaxed evening reading. How are you? Up to much this weekend?
>
>ME: You have family there? I passed there briefly on a trip and it looked nice!
I've been cleaning up the house a bit today. I was planning to go to PARK tomorrow to take some pictures, but it looks like it'll be raining, so I'll probably postpone that.
>
>HER: I grew up in CITY-A. My mothers side of the family are all here. Yeah we are not really getting much of a Summer this year
>
>ME: Oh, so you only moved to CITY-B in the last few years? re: Summer, yeah, we had a really some really nice days in May and June, but it does look like it can only go down from that
>
>HER: I moved to CITY-A when I started college. We usually get some sunny weather come September though.
>
>ME: I'll be looking forward to that; I came to CITY-B around that time last year, and can remember having some nice sunny weeks
>
>HER: We always have sunshine when the schools have taken back up and during the state exams in June.
But hopefully we get -some- sunshine between now and then.
>
>ME: Hopefully :) I guess you'll be back to CITY-B tomorrow? In case you don't have plans for the afternoon yet, how do you feel about grabbing a bite?

Any thoughts on this? I really didn't expect that she'd just completely ignore me

If you have any tips on dating apps/sites I appreciate it
>>
/adv/ is slow today
>>
>>17376750

Tl;dr
>>
>>17376750
Dude, you're having small talk about the weather, you don't seem to be selling yourself as dating material. She probably only talked to you at all to be polite. Ffs
>>
>>17376821
Tl;dr version:

girl stopped responding after I asked her out

>HER: We always have sunshine when the schools have taken back up and during the state exams in June.
>
>ME: Hopefully :) I guess you'll be back to CITY-B tomorrow? In case you don't have plans for the afternoon yet, how do you feel about grabbing a bite?

What's up with that
>>
>>17376848
My only true advice is to look for other girls. I dont want you to put all your eggs in this one basket. I don't want to lie to you, holding you in my arms while cooing "it'll be alright with this girl". Dont put too much thought into it, cause it looks like she hasn't in the beginning.

What dating apps do you use?
>>
>>17376844
Fair enough, but she she talk to me for two weeks to be polite and then stopped responding when I ask her out? It doesn't add up

How do you sell yourself as dating material?
>>
>>17376883
I know this one is gone. It's a shame, because she seemed nice, but I'm talking with other people. I'm just wondering if there's something I should be doing differently.

I'm just doing okcupid, because I've heard tinder is mostly for hookups and the concept seems shallow as fuck
>>
>>17376887
Good question. I've sorta MGTOWed for a few months now bcz my life is just in a stage where dating isn't something I care for. From experience, I'd say be confident and try to flirt more, nobody really likes small talk it's the most basic level of communication, so try and ask personal questions too.
>>
>>17376750
The guy she was stalking finally responded.

In other words, the time you wasted talking about the weather, you could have asked her out.
>>
>>17376944
That's possible I suppose
I'll move faster next time.

Although getting on a date with someone you know nothing about seems likely to get you some looneys
>>
>>17376750

She either is the skittish as fuck type who you were never going to meet anyway

Or you took way to long to ask her out.

Dating is a numbers game, and this is ten times as true for online dating.

Online dating also is not a replacement for getting to know someone in person.

Getting along with someone in an online chatting box is absolutely no guarantee or even indicator of how well you'll get along in person.

Secure a date in person as soon as you're both reasonably comfortable the other person won't ax murder them.

I can without a doubt say that my by far most successful dates were the ones that happened basically with minimal contact.

One girl I met after idly chatting to her for about an hour, then asking her to meet me that same day for lunch--probably one of the most fun dates I've ever had.

Another girl we agreed to a date after about 4 or 5 messages--and we've now been together about a year and a half.

It's a game of chance and the more times you play, the more chances you have of getting lucky.
>>
>>17376981
you also have to be good looking

If you're not good looking but seem like a fun person to talk to, the girl might just use you as a time-killer, but then cut all ties when you decide to make a move

Basically it's "are you hot enough" and "are you interesting enough" usually comes second
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.