[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I get annoyed by things really easily. What do I do besides

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1468578060003.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
1468578060003.gif
2MB, 270x188px
I get annoyed by things really easily.
What do I do besides meditation to chill the fuck out?
>tfw I don't wanna become bitter
pic semi-related
>>
Do you resent something? You might get easily angry because you are still angry about something that happened, even a long time ago, and you haven't gotten over it.
>>
>>17376233
Probably....
But I'm aware of those things. What do I do now?
I don't wanna be a bitterfag. How do I stop myself from being such a downer?
>>
>>17376241

Well, meditation is a start. But you have to keep in mind that you will only see minimal results after weeks of practice. Look for Zen meditation (zazen) and buddhism, if you feel enclined.

I could also advice you to go practice a sport, notably a martial art.

You could also work on your frustrations by doing some art therapy, if it is your thing.

What are the things that get you annoyed? words? behaviour? specific person?

It seems simple to say, but you might need to take some distance when you realize you are getting annoyed. You will recognize your signals, and you can now when you should "breath deeply" and have a few seconds of reflection before you react.
>>
>>17376215
Learn to laugh at the fact that you are getting irritiated easily.
Laught at your outbursts.
Laught at your worrying about becoming bitter.
Make jokes about it. A little self-depreciating humor is a good thing, as long as you don't overdo it.
Laugh about worrying about overdoing it.
Laugh at all the absurds of life.
Laugh about me telling you what to do.

Meditation helps with laughing, because it makes you aware of more stupid thoughs to laugh at.
>>
>>17376256
Thanks. I'll definitely do some sports too.
How do I into zen-buddhism? I wanna have that stoic calm, that seems to be a thing in practising zen-buddhists as well.
>>17376269
one of the few things that I have is a good sense of humour I think. But lately I find it hard to laugh at myself :(
>>
>>17376473

Read "Zen Mind, Beginners Mind" from D.T. Suzuki, which is a good starting point.
Since you mention stoicism, I can also recommend you the works by:

Marcus Aurelius - Meditations
Seneca - Letters to Lucilius, On the brievity of life, On the happy life
Epictetus - Enchiridion (Manual of Epictetus)
>>
>>17376498
thank you! Just downloaded the pdfs. If it helps I'll help other resentment fags out.
>>
>>17376546

no problem, don't forget, you can always come back to talk if you want! I might not be there at that time, but i'm sure other anons will also help you out.
>>
>>17376625
Thanks brah. I appreciate it
Have a great day
>>
Xanax
>>
>>17376215
That's usually a symptom of stress.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.