[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm considering moving to a small town (I grew up in a small

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1456521044792.jpg (802KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
1456521044792.jpg
802KB, 2592x1936px
I'm considering moving to a small town (I grew up in a small town) from the huge city I currently live in. What are the positive parts of living in the city which I may be overlooking or simply won't notice until they're gone?
>>
Ease of access to things, walking distance within banks, food markets and other places.

You will have to spend time gardening and looking after your property too,
>>
>>17376085
>Ease of access to things
I imagine it won't be hard to get things off amazon that I can't find around.
>>
>>17376078
...is that squirrel inside-out?
>>
>>17376090

That isn't what I meant at all.

You won't be able to walk outside and go to a corner shop and buy a sandwich within 10 minutes in a small town, you'll be driving out to get a weekly car load of food.
>>
>>17376097
>>17376097
I do believe I know the place I spent the first 13 years of my life better than you do
>>
>>17376101

You ask for advice then tell people you already know the answer?

Are you fucking stupid?
>>
You will never know until you do it. Even if it is only for a single year, you will know more and grow as a person.
>>
Ease of access to pretty much any store you want.
>>
>>17376078
>What are the positive parts of living in the city which I may be overlooking or simply won't notice until they're gone?
You almost certainly have better access to entertainment in the city than you will in the small town--more touring bands/music venues, more/earlier movie releases, etc.

You'll probably be driving everywhere, which means buying more gas.

You'll have fewer local restaurants if you like to eat out.

Maybe it's worth it, though. I live in a major city, and while it's almost impossible to imagine not being walking distance from most stuff I want and need at this point in my life, I do miss aspects of the small town where I grew up.
>>
>>17376105
please learn how to read. I'm looking for the pros of being a city dweller.
>>
>>17376204
Most shit is close, more people, more noise, more opportunities, more hoes.Idk which ones are pros 4 u senpai
>>
>>17376211
>Idk which ones are pros 4 u senpai
doesn't matter. I'm thinking there's got to be a few things that just haven't come to mind or I've been blind to
>>
>>17376078
Wages are, generally speaking, higher to much higher in cities, and there are probably more jobs, although that obviously depends--urban unemployment has been lower than rural unemployment for a couple of years now, but that's recent. There are certainly a greater variety of jobs in the city. But that may not be relevant to your career.
>>
I live in a small town, and with even the smallest of medical issues we have to drive two hours to the closest big city.

Musicians and comics never come here. If it's not a major movie, we don't get to see it in the theater.

There are no museums or arts district.

And everybody drives like an asshole.
>>
>>17376078
In a small town people are all up in your business; everyone knows everyone and all the gossip. Some people like this sense of community, but others prefer the sense of privacy that comes with being among strangers. But I'm guessing you probably know about that already.

Things are more convenient and nearby in a city, you have more options for where to go and what to do, and if you're the kind of person who's creeped out by wide open spaces the population density can be comforting.

Then there's the whole economic issue. Small town America is, in general, poorer than urban America and the choices of jobs (as well as wages) becomes smaller when you move away from the city. I've been to towns where everybody worked at the walmart, or the bar, or the gas station. Sounds depressing af, desu.
>>
>>17376078
I live in a city now, but i grew up northern Canada wild lands.

I can do groceries, go shopping, take my kids to school and go to work all in just over an hour on foot.

Higher speed internet.

24 hour stores everywhere

More people eye candy

Easier to get to conventions.

Main train line cheap and easy to get to.

Honestly i see why people feel the call since it can be very tranquil, but it gets really boring, lonely and frustrating to travel after a while.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.