[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking to buy a car around the 7k mark. Found this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
I'm looking to buy a car around the 7k mark. Found this 2006 325i with 118k for 6500. Carfax checks out. Why am I making a mistake with this car?
>>
>>>/o/

BMW's are usually expensive to maintain and this one has >100,000 miles on it, so you'll need to be maintaining it fairly often. I would never buy a car without having my own mechanic check it out, so be sure to do that first. Other than that, looks good.
>>
>>17375917
>118k
It's due for a scheduled maintenance at 120k miles. Watch out for how much that costs. I wouldn't buy it. Too many miles. BMW parts are usually pretty costly.
>>
I don't know shit about the second hand value of that car, but I'm looking at 10 years old plus due an expensive service. Oh and it is six and a half grand. Do they actually hold their value that well?

Like my boss gets a brand new BMW every few years and his trade in value is basically that and he doesn't do shit for miles, like they've got 20k on the clock. Older ones especially with high miles are worth very little at auction from experience.

My car is 12 years old and it shows. Everything that hasn't mechanically worn out due to wear and tear is basically wearing out due to age, from plastics and fabric on the interiors to rear suspension cylinders and brake rotors etc.

You want to look at what that car would be worth with the jobs done already and see if it still represents a decent price factoring the fact that you'd have to pay to do the work.
>>
get a honda civic, their manutenance is almost non-existant and theyre easy on fuel consumptoon
>>
Just get a Camry bro.
>>
>>17375917

This could be the last car you buy for a long time since they wear like tanks, and you'll probably survive a bad accident in one.

Go for it.
>>
File: honda-civic-ex-2005-.jpg (704KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
honda-civic-ex-2005-.jpg
704KB, 1200x798px
>>17376172
How does a civic ex compare to it on these aspects?
>>
>>17375917
This>>17375927
1800000000 dollar struts and thats why hes selling it. Youre not doing any repairs on your own wirhout buying their tools either.
>>
Bmw cars only make sense is you lease them or if you have bank. If you are on a budget and want a nice car get a lexus
>>
>>17376132
>12 years old is old
No. you're just a fucking idiot who can't maintain their car. And this BMW will ruin your life
>>
File: 2003_bmw_5_series_540i-pic-38120.jpg (295KB, 1000x751px) Image search: [Google]
2003_bmw_5_series_540i-pic-38120.jpg
295KB, 1000x751px
>>17375917
Although most of the naysayers are looking out for your best interest - the negative edge of their comments are probably exaggerated

BMWs and Mercs and the like are "expensive to maintain" and by that I mean that they do not handle neglect well.

Every car no matter what it is will require an oil change at 4-7k miles, and new tires ever so often, and notorious gremlins in specific cars will need to be fixed. As the owner of a 2000 BMW 540i with now 180k miles I can tell you that if your car is up for some maintenance - you had better get it taken care of.

A tight engine will after a while lose its ability to perform like it did when it first came with the car.

My best advice, is get a serious check of the car before you buy. With the guy there - and get a good understanding of whats requred. Then negotiate the price. For a cushy driver's car thats a bit underpowered but probably a safe bet of an engine, the deal isn't bad. Just be careful about if this guy is selling it due to some sort of maintenance issue.
>>
Beamers fall apart over 100k miles.
>>
>>17375917
I have an E90 3 series (essentially what you're getting) and the thing is fucking expensive to fix. It's not unbearable but you'd better learn to do everything yourself (I basically learned about working on cars with this car) because the labor rates BMW shops (even independent ones) charge are insane. I'm talking $160 to change your windshield wipers.

118k is right around when you need some major maintenance, so look into what it needs, what it would cost, and factor it into the price. Don't buy any car without having a mechanic look at it either.

I have almost 190,000 on mine. I got it for free (inherited), but I've put about $6000 into it over the 50k miles I've put on it. I'd estimate that $2500 of that was shit that I could've done myself that a shop ripped me off for, and another $1000 came from hitting a pothole and not getting things checked out in time so they got worse. I'll probably need another couple thousand to replace some components that are due to fail right around now (differential, maybe coil packs), but barring that it's in good shape mechanically.

>>17376682
This guy knows what's up. If you stay on top of maintenance it won't be that bad and you'll have a nice car, but if things go wrong they'll go really, expensively wrong. I plan on trying to take mine to 250,000 miles.
>>
>>17376149
Anon never mentioned he likes cock in his ass...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.