[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could use a bit of help figuring things out. >reconnected

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1416637490009.png (384KB, 671x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1416637490009.png
384KB, 671x1000px
Could use a bit of help figuring things out.

>reconnected with a friend after 2 years of not seeing her
>got really close after a roadtrip on Thanksgiving last year (cuddles involved)
>generally got closer, started going out on dates, sleeping together, etc.
>mentioned that she didn't believe in labels and was just happy the way things were

Fast forward to today... a couple months ago she told me I could refer to her as my girlfriend to friends and family. She tells her friends that I'm her boyfriend and anybody else that tries hitting on her that I'm her boyfriend. We still go out on dates and we basically spend all our free time together doing lovey dovey shit/having sex.

At no time did we have a talk about calling each other bf/gf, shit just kinda evolved over time. I'm happy where we're at now but what could possibly be going through her mind about the whole label thing? She was burned pretty badly in a relationship about 4 years ago (slightly before I met her) so I'm guessing that's the cause of all of this but some perspective would be nice.
>>
You're not her boyfriend, and she's not your girlfriend. You can use those labels when it's convenient and when you can't articulate what you have properly, but it's not a proper relationship. We don't know why she wants it this way, because we're not in her head. Ask her if it bothers you so much
>>
>>17375044
Thanks for the input. It just kinda feels like I'm in a bit of a strange place considering that we've never had the bf/gf talk but we've already have had the exclusivity talk and all pretty early on...
>>
>>17375053
Whatever it is, it really doesn't sound like a proper relationship, at least not until it's convenient. It's more like exclusive FWB, imo.
>>
>>17375044
Some of this.

That sort of burn that you said she got; it obviously affected her in a way that made her want to develop relationships while distancing herself as much as possible as well.

I can relate to the whole title thing in that I have zero relationship with my mother. For convenience and avoidance of unwanted conversation, I call my mother mom/mother, but with friends I call her by her first name, as she is the person who only birthed me, and that's that.

If anything happens, she'll at least have the (self)satisfaction of being able to not say "I lost/broke up with (another) boyfriend," and that friend can sometimes be the line that can hold back one from moving on with their lives.

Like anon said here, she doesn't want to see you as a boyfriend, and though that might make you feel hurt, it's a dysfunction you're either going to have to put up with or have a serious talk with her about.
>>
>>17375044
> We're not friends until I say we're friends
> Even if we hang out everyday
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.