[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So. I'm 24, turn 25 in January. Graduated highschool and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1464513143838.png (63KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1464513143838.png
63KB, 800x600px
So. I'm 24, turn 25 in January. Graduated highschool and went straight to work. Freelanced as a web dev, videographer, worked my way up to GameStop, Anime-Expo, Microsoft, Blizzard, and am now currently working for Google as a training manager for retailers. Society as well as people around me keep telling me I need to go to school, been hearing it for years. I always have an internal struggle around this time of year before fall semester as to whether or not to do it.

Help quell my personal struggle someone! -_-
>>
What the fuck is your struggle? Go to school if you want to. Don't go to school if you don't want to. Go to part time school if you want to. Easy.
>>
>>17374831
Will I be crippled if I don't go to school around this point of my life?
>>
Going to school isn't a bad idea. But really it's up to you to decide. If you don't see the need then going because people say you should is the wrong reason.
>>
>>17374833
Nope. You might feel the need to get a degree if you want to move up, tho.
>>
>>17374836
That makes me feel more confident in my decision. I go jeckle/hyde when it comes to this subject, that's why I wish it was as easy as people would think it is.
>>17374837
True. Which I could pursue later in life depending on the role I guess.
>>
>>17374840
Only if you don't have a mortgage and/or kids
>>
>>17374844
Yeah I rent, single, no kids.
>>
Part of it comes down to the industry you want to work in and your goals. In IT, experience is often valued more than education by employers (though this is a generalization. Sometimes they won't consider you if you don't have the education. But all else being equal they will often take the person with experience over the person with education only).

If you want to move into a different industry, not having a degree could be a liability.

Are you content with the industry you are in and the company you work for? Can you see yourself there until you retire?

Those are the types of things to consider.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.