[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a shut in I have lived across the street (literally)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1436982762022.jpg (221KB, 1110x800px) Image search: [Google]
1436982762022.jpg
221KB, 1110x800px
I'm a shut in
I have lived across the street (literally) from major commercial district with things like coffee shops, food, grocery, movie theatre, for five years.

Every day for the past month I have considered going out for a walk and looking around

The thing is, as someone with no money and no communication skills I doubt this would go well. I'd probably just awkwardly shuffle around

I think I've watched too much anime and am expecting something dramatic to happen

What should I do /adv/?
>>
There's no easy way to do this. I used to be socially awkward and preferred to stay inside all day long to play video games. It took me many years of trying but now I have a super active social life.

You just gotta do it and not give a shit when you make mistakes. It's going to take much time, perhaps years, for you to adjust. But have faith that better days are ahead and remember that people don't really pay much attention to other people as much as you'd think.
>>
>>17374765
The thing is I'd have to cross a street, I think it has those stop lights with little cross walk buttons
I have no idea how to do that
I feel like I'll just get hit by a car or do something "wrong" and embarrass myself
What if I see someone I use to know ? Or high schoolers laugh at this older weirdo who acts like a scared little boy? Or a thug tries to mess with me?

I'm not even sure what I'd do there.
I forgot what I was going to say .
I feel like my memory , health, even my voice has deteriorated so much compared to years ago.
I'm still skinny at least but doing anything too physical puts me at a very real risk of just fainting
My memory is just terrible now.
>>
>>17374790
Really nobody's going to give a shit if you try to figure out how to use cross walk buttons. They'll prob just think you're a tourist or something. You have all these fears of going outside but it WILL get better once you start going outside more often. You must have faith that this is so. You will probably relapse a few times when your fears are actualized, but know that it's all going to help you in the end.

Your health is deteriorating because people are designed to live actively.
>>
>>17374790
how do you get food if you don't go outside?
>>
jesus christ, I understand talking to women being a problem, but going outside?

what are you afraid of.
you gotta have some self respect/confidence left in you.
you cannot tell me that your opinion of yourself is so low that you dont trust yourself to do this simple task.

anyway, the only way to do it, is practice.
>>
>>17374758
It's called Window Shopping, and it's an ancient and honorable tradition among those with no cash or just time to kill. You walk past the shops and just look in, at the window displays or anything else. No one considers it weird.
>>
>>17374798
Care packages or I order delivery or starve
>>17375071
>>17374829
>>17374794
So I'm going to be alright? I hope nobody talks to me. I probably look like a smelly zombie

Is it really that I need to go outside to be healthy..?
>>
op should just kill himself
how old are you? fucking shithead
>>
>>17376235
More like his parents for letting him devolve into that state.
>>
>>17376247
>>>/pol/
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.