[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone else have the problem of wanting to be a jack of all trades?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: W3pPsRM.gif (890KB, 192x162px) Image search: [Google]
W3pPsRM.gif
890KB, 192x162px
anyone else have the problem of wanting to be a jack of all trades?

When I was a kid i loved skateboarding. Then i started gaming and loving tech, so with skateboarding, I wanted to film it.
So i learned film.
then i learned editing with Premiere Pro / After Effects
then i learned photography
and then Photoshop / Illustrator.
Recently I've been wanting to try and produce music so i've been learning about FL Studio.
I know a lot about music theory, fashion, i took a drawing and art appreciation class at college, and can build my own PC by hand.

normally one would say this is good, using time wisely, but that's not the case. I make a bunch of artwork and never upload it anywhere. I do it just to bide time. I make logos, artwork, clothes, sometimes just weird abstract shit and I don't know what to do with it. I can work my way around the whole Adobe suite and I haven't made a cent from any of it. And I don't know where to put any of this knowledge besides having random facts to tell or helping someone with technical difficulty. Only place it's helped out is my shit job at Best Buy.

What should I do? I live in california so i know i'm near the tech / film / art capital of the world but I just don't know where to head in life. Everything interests me. Somewhat unrelated but recently I've actually been getting sick of it. I'm thinking about selling all of my extra clothes and computer parts and taking a vacation to Austria with just my phone (I think Vienna is a particularly beautiful place, also home of Mozart / Beethoven.) I feel like it'd clear my mind a bit.

Thanks guys.
>>
I know exactly what you mean. I'm an aspiring writer/musician, and I'd sometimes have thoughts about film directing.

Im going to uni for education in music, so most of my time I practice in that field, but I also still work a lot on my writing.

Its a scary thought to be ok at a lot of things, but not a master at one.

Clearing your mind and taking a braak would be a good step.
>>
Sounds to me like you think way too highly of yourself, and thus are probably bad at the things you mentioned.

I'm sure everything interests you (really think you're alone there?)but how good are you at any of the things?

Most if not all hobbies are based on improvement which is essentially gained in the form of mileage. show me a portfolio or something faggot, otherwise get the fuck out

love the BoC pic tho
>>
>>17374722
didn't read the entire post but just find a job that requires you to do a bit of everything. Event planning, publicity, advertising all require a jack of all trades personality.
>>
>>17374710
That's what I've been thinking too. I was going to take this girl with me but things didn't really work out the way I wanted them to.

It's expensive but if I kinda sold my stuff and hit the reset button I think I'd have enough.

I was saving up so I could buy a 240sx and learn to street race but now I'm realizing it sounds like another thing I really want to learn and then never actually get around to getting good at.

>>17374722
I never said I was good at them all asshole. I'm proficient at some, mainly photoshop and premiere which I've been using since 8th grade, and awful at others, like FL studio. Trust me, I do not think highly of myself. And I am not posting my work on here, sounds like a career killer to me.

Thanks about the BoC pic though. They're in my top 3 favorite artists. Just bought Twoism on vinyl recently, it should be coming in a few days.
>>
>>17374688
wheres that gif from? its the cover of twoism
>>
>>17374948
Yeah its from a movie called "The Killings At Outpost Zeta".

Never seen it, supposedly a shitty 70s Martian movie. I was curious where the Twoism art came from and came across it
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.