[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people cope with life? Seriously. I've gone to therapy,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1463143198535.jpg (102KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1463143198535.jpg
102KB, 1440x1080px
How do people cope with life?

Seriously. I've gone to therapy, I've meditated, I've gone on medication, off again, I've read self help books, I've tried destressing techniques, I've tried thinking positively, none of it works.

The only time I'm not sad is when I'm drunk or high, and I just can't drink and smoke weed all day.

Shit, suicide isn't even enough because I know people would be upset about it and THAT bothers me too.

I've given up hope on living but I can't kill myself. I feel like I have to shuffle through another 50 or 60 years and I honestly think I'll mentally break before that.

Holy fuck I just want to be dead and have everyone forget about me.
>>
File: acceptable.jpg (113KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
acceptable.jpg
113KB, 400x400px
>>17374035
I feel similar to anon
I wonder why I get up in the morning and deal with life.

I look at like this,
in 20 to 60 years it will all be over
so look forward to death, live for the end and enjoy the maddness
>>
Get a hobby. Get really into it. Go 100% deep into it. Not a habit not a form of entertainment but a hobby. Something you're passionate about. Or if you have no passions something you like. Maybe that hobby is by yourself and you can relax and be at peace. Maybe it has a rich community and you'll make friends. Just dedicate yourself 1 hour a day to this hobby. If you have clinical depression not
>Life has no meaning my gf broke up with me and I'm poor
Ask your doctor for different medication. But if youre just sad get a hobby
>>
File: fennec_sable.jpg (90KB, 1200x764px) Image search: [Google]
fennec_sable.jpg
90KB, 1200x764px
Self esteem is a byproduct of achievement
> so I hear
>>
Give martial arts a shot.
>>
>>17374035
Just dont be a faggot. That work for me.
>>
>>17374035

make it your goal in life to save up $20,000 and then send it to me and then kill yourself lol
>>
>>17374035

They cope with it by being stupid.
Those with brains, who see what life is about (domination, inequality, unfairness etc) , kind of either tap out or get into drugs and tap out slowly. Or I guess ignore it all idk?
>>
>>17374321

>>17374321
>Those with brains, who see what life is about (domination, inequality, unfairness etc) , kind of either tap out or get into drugs and tap out slowly.

or you learn to dominate other people like a fucking adult. if youre smart you can figure it out. if youre not smart you deserve to be sad for thinking that you are
>>
>>17374035
>and I just can't drink and smoke weed all day.

I am pretty sure you can. Jim Morrison did. I do it, and a whole bunch of other people do.

You just need to structure your life in such a way where you can do this.
>>
>>17374035

Since you're so depressed after all these techniques, this is probably biological. Go back on medication, following a psychiatric's prescription oc

>Don't fall into this error of only doing that and expecting results, work your mind, go over that passive nihilism which probably the worst thing that could happen to someone's life, don't let it get you. You've got a conscience and therefore a life, you have people around you you said it yourself. Force your will to live your life at its best, if nothing matters then you should realize that you're free to do anything you want in your life, find the things that upset you, and change them.

>You are the master of your life, you could bow to your superior, to relative and be forced to do something you don't want to, yet you are still the master of your life, you are free to live.

>Forget therapies, meditate. Not in a hindou way but meditate to relieve your mind from stressful thoughts, and to aim at the best thing you can imagine to yourself.

Yes you are forced to live, not you are not meaningless, you are only "stuck" in a phase where you think you are.
>>
>>17374321
Don't say that, you only use this pseudo-raison to justify the sadness around us. An intelligent person would be euphoric, philosophically attracted to the world. I don't doubt for a minute the sadness of the world, and the realization that smarter people can have vis à vis of that, but the thing is still not a viable excuse to justify sadness.
Real intelligent people would "contemplate" the world, in a spinozist meaning.

>>17374330
That is sociopaths behavior, not intelligence. While there is a certain intelligence to it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.