[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /adv/ it's that almost reformed shut in/neetboi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 1468032046890.jpg (353KB, 1958x1382px) Image search: [Google]
1468032046890.jpg
353KB, 1958x1382px
Alright /adv/ it's that almost reformed shut in/neetboi yet again.
-I have succeeded in getting work.
-It's in a warehouse for Amazon at 12.50/hr for 4 hours.
-My parents are facing "hard times" so I'm expected to pay for some bills and gas for the car but if I do I go back to being broke again.

I'm starting to feel even more cornered again and it letting my depression/anxiety slowly swallow me. I want to let trying though.

I'm doing very well at my current job and just a few days ago I took control of my section so the PA could watch me at work. So I don't know I might move up a little.

I'd like to know what I can do to keep from going broke completely I want to save up but I feel as if with the time that my first paycheck came in I'm already going to lose it. I also feel like my parents are trying some kind of weird shit and are forcing me to experience as much hardship as I can under their roof. BTW I have no internet, no tv(not that I watch it anyway), and I basically live off my phone.

tl;dr Anyone have ideas or tips for OP so he doesn't become a loser again? Any ideas help I'm a very quick learner.
>>
>>17373912
>So I don't know I might move up a little.
A raise or promotion is never promised, don't assume you'll get one because you deserve it or 'sempai noticed you'
>>
>>17373912
>I also feel like my parents are trying some kind of weird shit and are forcing me to experience as much hardship as I can under their roof.
That's love, the world is shitty and they want you to get shit on when or if they're gone.
>>
>>17373922
I don't know the guy who's regularly in charge of the area handed it off to me and talked me up with the PA so I have no clue what could happen.

I thought it was really nice of him though but I pretty much just worked like I normally did. So who knows.

>>17373929
If they did they could have shown me some of that love when I told them not to worry about college instead of forcing me into a major because I "play around on computers" all the time. I guess I'm ungrateful? That or still distant.
>>
>>17373912
>I also feel like my parents are trying some kind of weird shit and are forcing me to experience as much hardship as I can under their roof.

No, your parents want you to stop being a fucking sponge so they aren't the only ones supporting your ass, but have the decency not to entirely kick you out.

If you want MORE money, the first step is to work more than 4 hours a day.

>>17373944
>If they did they could have shown me some of that love when I told them not to worry about college instead of forcing me into a major because I "play around on computers" all the time.

And what did you do at college? If you were into it, you should have gotten a degree. If you weren't, you should have just goofed off the first semester and made 0's in every class and then gone out and gotten a shitty job like the rest of us.
>>
File: ateF3ja.jpg (619KB, 1959x1469px) Image search: [Google]
ateF3ja.jpg
619KB, 1959x1469px
> I have succeeded in getting work

Fuck off. You cashed in your neet card already. You no longer suffer the anxiety of the thought of handing in job applications. I bet you already condescendingly make jokes at unemployed people, you fucking normie.
>>
File: 1467740440233.jpg (12KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
1467740440233.jpg
12KB, 261x193px
>>17374349
In college I went to class and me having problems led to me not going to class much in my second year and for a few months I just shut myself in my dorm room. I was also super stressed since I was having a difficult time + I couldn't get into any of the classes I wanted.
>>17374363
I got a job because all I was doing at home was reading and staring at my phone all day. I love Mongolian basket weaving as much as the next guy but I never wanted to be utterly useless. I'm just a little oddball.

Slap a smile on it helps people think you're fine when you're not at all.
>>
File: 1444772719215.png (367KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1444772719215.png
367KB, 800x800px
>>17374405
Then can you offer me some advice? Not a lot of people understand the neet lifestyle, and are totally disconnected when you tell them your fears. How did you take the leap to finding work?

Also way ahead of you on the fake smiles. I actually convince people I don't uderly hate myself.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1465696326011.jpg (115KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1465696326011.jpg
115KB, 960x540px
>>17374424
Well for me I just felt useless. My home situation turned pretty shit too since my mother was arrested. I just felt like whatever I'd do wouldn't make up for all the time my parents wasted with raising me. Don't know if that's some edgy shit but your best bet is having a friend to confide in or someone close to you. Honestly if y 4 good friend do weren't around I would have felt truly isolated.

If you don't have that try to setup some goals and actively follow them. You should also apply to everything you can and either do walk-ins/call ups. I tried a lot with Craigslist and it was actually pretty helpful.

The fear is still there though. The shit that kept me boarded up in my room at school is mostly there but it's better since I feel I'm at home and with my family.
>>
>>17373912
4 hours...a day. A week? So you're working part time?

If you can work and you live under the same roof as them, then do your parents a fucking solid and help out seeing as how it's not only their ass on the line but yours as well, you childish fuck.

You're being given responsabilities. Welcome to normal adulthood. Quit hoping someone will hold your hand through it all.

If all you have is a smart phone for computer access, the telling you to use a laptop or desktop to study something may be pointless.

So here's real advice.

You're working a grunt manual labor job part time. Your position is minimalized so that your essential only for flexability. Otherwise you're replaceable.

Talk to your supervisor..see what training you can get that is useful. Be it tracking, use of a fork lift, specializing in some obscure subset of amazon warehouse work...whatever.

If you have a laptop or desktop or regular acess to one, start learning the shit out of mcrosoft office. This is the backbone of any office and administrative job.

Create a budget and follow it. Dont spend your money on pointless shit.

Quit whining about how hard your folks are on you. They carried your ass for what...18..20years? Grown the fuck up and start helping

And get another job if you can. 20 hours a week...you can't live on that for shit.
>>
>>17374484
Yes and thanks for being real. What I'm asking is what I can do with the downtime basically. Even with this job all my money will be going into the family. I need a second one so I can at least get some savings going. Because as of now I currently have $43 left.

When it comes to my file though it's just that they're blaming me for literally everything they can. Turning w.e problem they seem to have into my own and saying things like its my fault all the time. It feels like reliving my whole life again except instead of it being people at school it's my own family.

I don't think you understand that my last hope was my home and now it feels like another prison. I'm doing what I can and I appreciate your advice it's just a damn pain sometimes and I just don't want to go back to being worthless when they need me the most.
>>
Are you really only working 20 hours a week? That seems like a lot at first but living off it AND paying bills will be impossible even with a semi-decent wage like $12.50. I'm in-between semesters and doing 40 hour weeks myself so you should be able to no problem. (If this is your first job work slowly up hours-wise so its not overwhelming)

>>17374484
Pretty much this but to add to this if you can create an image for yourself as dependable it will go a LONG way. Establish yourself as a dependable, hard-working reliable employee and your boss/company will start giving you favors more often (dont abuse it though).

Act like a respectable person and they'll treat you as such.
>>
Noted. I'll try what I can. I'm honestly really amazed how much trust he put in me to work that section.

Also it is my first job. I'm trying my hardest to make sure I keep it and do well. At the moment I'm looking into the training opportunities one of the anons was talking about.

I don't feel overwhelmed at all but I guess it's only because I've done work like this with my father when I was growing up + Amazon is very laid back.
>>
>>17374510
My bluntness was so that you'd see things differently.

If your home life is as difficult as you say, then you need to prioritize certain things. Reliable transportation. Increasing your skillset, and having some savings or some form of disposable income.

I don't know the extent of your family dynamic, but take some of your money and put it to maintaing the car. Is it yours? The folks? If it's the folks, you need to save for a cheap and easily repairable vehicle. Honda civic for example (not new. Used).

Your skillset needs to be improved. If you don't have one, a laptop or cheap desktop computer will be in order. You need to obtain a copy of ms office and quickbooks for business and learn the shit out of these. It'll take you a year, bUT these will be key to finding something better. Additionally, familiarize yourself with office equipment and the various tools used in the warehouse. I worked in steel Mills for a few years and someone who had multiple skillsets was always needed.

Stay realistic. This is long term improvement. Until you get internet at home and a computer to use, other advice would be pointless. So right now, keep working the amazon job. Talk to your boss about additional training or amazon specific training like osha compliancy to show you're proactive. Be social with your coworkers in the event you can pick up extra hours.

In the meantime, any shitty secondary job will dom walmart, target, grocery store. I'd recommend hotel resturant or hotel/resort banquet staff only because you can snag a free meal from leftovers more often than not.

Keep the car running. Don't be a whiny child. Be proactive about responsibility at home and at work. Always try to find something to distinguish yourself and your abilities. This will take time. Do your best to not get discouraged.
>>
>>17374563
Yeah I understood what you were getting at. I've applied to everything I can in my area. So I guess it's the waiting game for now. The car is not mine and it's sort of run down since my father is usually purchasing used cars to fix. Got to be very careful when driving.

I'll try to save when I get a chance but for now bills are all I'm worth.

I'll try to look into quickbooks and excel then since I'm already very used to the rest of ms office and the workings of a computer. I'm also working on web development on the side it's very interesting. Well at least what's possible through a phone.

Thanks for the advice.
>>
File: 1452555795687.jpg (666KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1452555795687.jpg
666KB, 666x666px
I'm in a sort of similar boat, but things aren't as smooth.

>Moved in with Mom and her fiancee in order to get back on my feet and as far away from my Dad as possible.
>Make decent progress. Start getting my license, apply for summer classes at community college, and go around town submitting applications all in one day.
>Get a call from a few of the places I applied to schedule phone interviews and end up breezing through the Summer Class giving me plenty of down time to practice for my roadtest next week.
>Life is great.

And then the clock struck noon

>Dad somehow showed up to the house.
>Forced me into the car and took me to a Navy recruiter and was trying to convince me to join up because I was "Not doing anything productive"
>Refuse to join the Navy right there and counter about how I had been making progress
>"Well your Mom told me she was gonna kick you out if you didn't get your license so you must not be getting shit done."
>What
>Insists this is true even though I never got told this, and in fact we didn't even know we could get a road test this early until we went in because all the Online slots were full.
>Took me to a seafood place where I could see cockroaches crawling around on the ceiling, had to eat there.
>Took me to his apartment and refused to drive me home. Essentially saying I had to stay there now.
>Make an excuse to get out and then spent most of my emergency cash to get an Uber home.
>Get home at 11.
>Mom and Fiancee are fighting. Try to calmly comfort mom and ask her what's wrong.
>Won't answer as usual
>Ask her about the whole 'kicking me out' thing.
>Tries to blow me PFF
>Keep pushing her, getting increasingly more and more frustrated.
>Let's slip that she doesn't think I've been doing anything I said even though I've provided proof per her request before.
>Utterly lose my shit at that point, scream obscenities before storming off to bed.

I've never been so angry and so insulted in my entire life.
>>
>>17374946
All we got is hope man. You're making progress at the least so don't forget that. All you can do is keep yourself up so they don't pull you down at this point.

Keep working at it if that's your drive or else you'll end up shutting down.
>>
>>17374405
>In college I went to class and me having problems led to me not going to class much in my second year and for a few months I just shut myself in my dorm room. I was also super stressed since I was having a difficult time + I couldn't get into any of the classes I wanted.

Good. You don't have nearly as much debt as someone who actually finished.

And you got a part time job. The next step is to get another part time job so it equals out to a full time job.
>>
>>17376690
Yup I came back here for some tips on where I can try. Need more to visit and apply.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.