[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would something like this heal? If this person were to receive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1468968546008.jpg (56KB, 564x428px) Image search: [Google]
1468968546008.jpg
56KB, 564x428px
Would something like this heal? If this person were to receive surgery, would the surgeons be able to repair the face to make it look somewhat "normal"?

I ask this because I was recently in an accident that tore my cheek like this. I have lost four of my left-side teeth and a small portion of my bottom lip was punctured. A bottom bit of the right side of my nose was also punctured. I also suffered a fractured collarbone. I have been in the hospital since yesterday and am going to be undergoing surgery in a few hours. I'm sorry if this is the wrong board for this, but I figured that since this board was labeled "advice" that it would be fitting. I also posted this thread on /fit/ as it once was labeled personal health and fitness...

Thank you.

tl;dr: Would a wound like this look normal after surgery or after prolonged healing? Thanks.
>>
get your ass to an operating room
>>
>>17373685
>If this person were to receive surgery, would the surgeons be able to repair the face to make it look somewhat "normal"?
Yes.
>>
Afraid not, senpai. With a large chunk taken out like that, the skin is going to have a hard enough time healing. I have dozens of puncture wounds from 10-15 years ago that are still visiblez and that was from stabbing straight down into the skin (dog bites mostly). If the lip was punctured in the right spot, the curve of the lip will cover the scar (had a dog bite in the same place and people only notice it when I pull my lip up to show them).

To minimize scarring, stay out of the sun and use sunblock whenever you have to go outside.
>>
>>17373701
>>17373703
Ah, I see... I know that with the severity of my injuries that I will never look like I once did before, but still, thank you. Your words reassure me and give me hope. Life is truly precious... Thank you so much.
>>
Be thankful you didn't die, holy shit.

In your situation? Get some rest and speak with your doctors, gett off 4chan, fuck.
>>
>>17373729
Honestly, I have God, a passerby, first responders, and my family to thank for that. There was so much blood being lost after it happened. It was absolutely horrible. I'm just so thankful to be alive right now.
>>
>>17373685
You'll have a nasty scar and it'll look pretty nuts, but you're not gonna look like Frankenstein or anything
>>
Post a picture of ittt
>>
>>17373685
>lets put a smile on that face
>you wanna know how i got these scars?
badass joker scar...hope all is well feel better anon
>>
>>17373685
Med fag/emt here

Facial tissue trauma aside, sounds like you didn't break any facial bones. You lucked out there.

You're gonna have a noticeable scar. On the positive side, you now have an excuse to grow an awesome beard. Tissue tightness will be a concern, so pay attention when they teach you about facial exercises to help you maintain flexability and facial range of motion and expression.

Teeth can be faked. A bridge for example would be worthwhile.

Collar bone fx is gonna fuck your mobility for a while. More PT wI'll be given to assess your full range of motion as you heal.

You're gonna be on some pain meds for a while. It's gonna fuck with your moods. Don't be a dick to the staff, especially the nurses and nursing assistants. Be aware that you can't stay in the pain meds forever. Additionally, you may be given a Lil something for anxiety or depression while you heal. The pain meds will be the cause of that...outside of the healing and crap from the accident. Just do your best to ride each wave of the healing process. Things will get better.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.