[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have bipolar disorder? I am worried I have it, I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (217KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
217KB, 500x419px
Does anyone have bipolar disorder?

I am worried I have it, I don't want to go to doctors if I don't though and take shit I don't need.

I just feel so hopeless about everything, so irritated, hate everyone and everything and think everything is shit. But then suddenly I will change and feel positive, slightly crazy and have a great sense of humour. I switch in between the two and they last a few hours.

I want to know if anyone has been diagnosed with it and how they found out, how they feel symptom wise, what they did.. etc.
>>
Well, you really should see a doctor if you are this nervous. I figured out when I went in due to depression.
>>
Bumper plate
>>
>>17373427
I am with you man.

I have been diagnosed. Went to the psychologist/psychiatrist on advice of my brother.
It was completely pointless. They just told me to take some addicting pill that I would need to take for the rest of my life.

It would remove depressive phase, but also the super awesome crazy motivating phase.
Oh and the side effect was I would get spasms, seizures, nightmares, headaches, and acne.
They didn't care about me as person. So I said FUCK IT! and said goodbye to my psychologists after 4 months.

This sounds cliche, but I have turned to faith to help me, and it works. I meditate and pray to The Most High Jah Ras Tafari every evening before sleep.

I have also completely changed my diet. I only drink water and sometimes ganja tea.
I stopped eating/drinking everything that is very sugary, fatty, or just plain unhealthy like candy soft drinks, microwave food, pizzas, hamburgers, and so on.

Once a week I smoke marijuana to work on myself. I don't use it for recreation. I just smoke it and then sit down and write/think about my goals, what goes well, what goes wrong, what I need to improve, what are my strengths and weaknesses, etc etc..

For the rest I have banned most entertainment out of my life for example television, videogames, too much internet, youtube, and reading novels. Instead I am doing meaningful endevours like music, painting, writing growing the herbs, and learning a new language.

I also try to lift weights or go running everyday to stay healthy and fit.
I am already fit and skinny and I don't want to be a bodybuilder so I don't worry if I forget to do it once in a while.
>>
File: Jah9-v1.jpg (864KB, 1782x1902px) Image search: [Google]
Jah9-v1.jpg
864KB, 1782x1902px
>>17373800
>cont

That being said I still get very depressive sometimes where I lose all hope and feel paralyzed or overwhelmed. On the other hand it gets compensated by being extremely productive in the happy phase.
I have also learned about myself that I can not handle more then 2 or 3 things in my life.
Now I just grow 1 plant, work on a painting, and go to my crappy job on the side. All my other projects are on pause for the moment until I finish my current project. That way I stay focused on the goal.

I hope this info helps. I am not saying what you should or shouldn't do with your life, just saying that this is how manage this curse/blessing. Its your life, I dont give a fuck what you do. Do whatever the fuck you wanna do.

Here is some music that usually gets me to my depressive phase. Maybe you like it, maybe you dont; who gives a fuck? Am I right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6tfJs9CMdM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sURIGUlvInU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PaXnua_mLE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsWukSl-BzA

I have a question for you... When you are in your down phase, besides getting depressed do you also get angry? Sometimes I get very destructive and angry. Then I just straight up want to kill people or beat somebody's ass. I try to isolate myself when I get that angry to protect my friends and myself.
>>
>>17373805
To conclude. Dont worry my friend. Things will turn out alright.

In my early teens I wanted to kill myself every time I got a depressive phase, that sometimes lasted for weeks.
Now as I grow as a person, and understand myself and the world around me I can better control these phases.
Now depressive phase only lasts a day to a few hours and I am not suicidal anymore.

So yhea it's kind a like a video game or a movie. We have a lot of power and potential inside of us, but it needs to be controlled and focused or else we will destroy ourselves and everything we love around us will be destroyed too.
>>
Yes.
Go to a doctor.
Take the meds if you do.

The "I don't want the meds to change who I am" thing is fucking stupid. "you" don't exist, and the
"you" that you think does exist without medications is an unstable batshit crazy person. Go to a doctor, talk to them, take your meds. It's literally the best thing you could ever possibly do for yourself.
>>
>>17373800
>>17373805
Thanks family
>>
>>17373800
This person has at worst extremely mild bipolar disorder. It's not something you sneeze at and change some lifestyle habits to cope with if it's serious, it's a serious inability of your brain to produce the correct amounts of dopamine at appropriate times.
'Changing parts of your lifestyle is certainly helpful but extremely rarely the only thing needed.

People with serious bipolar disorders dont have swings mild enough that
1) They can just "deal with" the depressive swings
and
2) The manic swings aren't pleasant.

Most people who actually suffer from bipolar disorders either suffer enormously disproportionate depressive-to-manic swings (like I do, type 2) or their manic swings cause them to behave in erratic, dangerous, and insane manners.

Again, this isn't a disorder to sneeze at if you're diagnosed with it.
>>
>>17373427
Before you go to a Doctor and possibly get falsely diagnosed with MENTAL DISORDER (that shit is bad for future prospects bro) tell us your age. its ok if underage b&.
>>
File: Mind Works-New 5.jpg (204KB, 1600x1231px) Image search: [Google]
Mind Works-New 5.jpg
204KB, 1600x1231px
>>17373863
I was officially diagnosed with Schizoaffective disorder.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoaffective_disorder
Although I was probably misdiagnosed for doing a lot LSD and cocaine in the same time period I was talking why my psychologists.
I don't have any hallucinations anymore because I quit those drugs, but I still have the depressive, manic phases and I had those since I was a little child. So I am probably closer to Bipolar Type II

> It's not something you sneeze at and change some lifestyle habits to cope with
I was diagnosed when I was 18, I am now 27 so it took me about 10 years to better manage the disease, and I am still can't control it completely.
It's not mild at all. It feels offensive. I never said I am cured, just told what helps me.

>The manic swings aren't pleasant.
I don't have this, but when I am manic I can set unrealistic high goals for myself which then causes depressive phase as I watch myself fail at the impossible goals.

To be honest every brain and person is unique.
A mental disease may have general overall symptoms, but specific detailed symptoms are unique to every person. Which is quite interesting. Saying somebody doesn't have a mental disease, because you experience that disease slightly different doesn't help anybody. This is also why the same medication or same methods doesn't work for everyone.

>cause them to behave in erratic, dangerous, and insane manners.
Read the part about me wanting to kill people again.

> They can just "deal with" the depressive swings
Like I said in previous post I was very suicidal in my teens, but as I learned meditation and began to understand how my mind reacts to certain thoughts the depressive phases became manageable.
>pic related

>>17373846
Personally I don't believe pills, I have the holy plants of marijuana and that's enough.
If pills help for you then good for you.

Peace brothers. I love you all.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.