/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys deal with criticism? Every time I get insulted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1468879741661.jpg (454KB, 1201x900px) Image search: [Google]
1468879741661.jpg
454KB, 1201x900px
How do you guys deal with criticism? Every time I get insulted online, I recoil so hard that I just kind of shut down. Especially if I realize that I'm in the wrong, I have a very hard time coping and it takes me a good while to return to my senses.

Has anyone else been like this? Does it get better as an adult? I think I've gotten better at dealing with it, but I'm not sure. I just want to be able to talk on the internet without losing my mind when I'm called a faggot by somebody.
>>
>>17372703
Only online?
>Does it get better as an adult?
Uh
>>
>>17372709
Online, yeah. No one insults me in real life because I don't tend to speak much.
>>
>>17372703
>when I'm called a faggot by somebody.

You shut down when an anonymous person on 4Chan calls you a faggot?

Who cares? Your harshest judge is you, who cares what other people think of you?

Just live how you want, say what you want to say. Nobody else matters.

If you make mistakes, learn from them. If someone does not like you, it's OKAY. Not all 7.3 billion people on the planet will like you. The sooner you accept that, the happier you will be
>>
>>17372703
Lol faggot
>>
>>17373031
I don't think you understand. I know that what is being said is ridiculous, but despite that I still have a strong emotional reaction. It is involuntary.
>>
>>17372703
Holy shit, our generation is fucked.

>Waaaa I'm not used to being called mean names and shit.

Wanna get better, stop giving a shit about other peoples goddamn opinions.
Women get with guys who beat them - then routinely take them back expected not to get another beating each and every time.
Men get with obvious whores, gold-diggers and feminazi man hating bizatches - then complain when they get scrwed for alimony.

People are fucking stupid, shit-for-brains godamn morons that'll do whatever society tells them to regardless if it's in their own goddamn best interest or not.
And you're taking their opinions seriously?

Do you take career advice from someone who complains about their job all the time?
Do you take romantic advice from /r9k/?

Stop giving people so much goddamn power over you and accept that everyone else has the shitty opinions, not you.

Alternatively, go spend the rest of your life on tumblr, denying there is any bad in the world, safe in your little 'safe zone' bubble, so you don't get triggered. Nigger.
>>
>>17373084
I hope you aren't older than a teenager, typing like that. Also, you missed the point of what I'm saying completely.
>>
>>17373091

HAha, oh shit, really now?

The guy who cries over criticism is telling me I'm acting like a teenager?

No no, I get what you're saying.
You're saying, "help, I'm a dainty little princess, it's involuntary. I can't help it and I'm not even going to entertain the possibilities that other people might have shitty opinions or work hard to focus more on my own opinions of myself than others".

And shit, for someone who gets triggered by criticism, you sure do love dishing it out, like a hypocrite. Maybe you should join tumblr, nigger.
>>
>How do you guys deal with criticism?
I sincerely don't give a fuck

Why would you care about the opinion of random people?

You can't please everyone nor shoud you attempt to do so, just live your life man
>>
>>17373110
I say that because you don't understand what I've already said - that it's an involuntary reaction, and despite the fact that I know better, it occurs. This does not have anything to do with the actual content of what is being said. It's the feeling that is produced.

>nigger
>tumblr
>triggered
>feminazi
>alimony
There's enough reason not to take your opinion seriously. Stop giving advice to people, you're not cut out for it.

>>17373117
See above.
>>
>>17373060
>still have a strong emotional reaction. It is involuntary.

Not sure what you mean. What "involuntary" emotion do you feel when you get criticised?

If you let scrutiny and insults get to you, I don't how it isn't completely voluntary
>>
>>17373143
It's a kneejerk reaction. Even after I break it down and dismiss it in my mind, the feeling is still there.
>>
>>17373125

>Waaa, he said words I don't like so I'mm gonna disregard everything he's said.

Nigger nigger nigger, you feminazi cunt.
Look, you're already argueing against me, so technically it's working. I'm helping you build up a tolerance to critism, you stupid tumblr femiazi trans-nigger goatucking 'slimer terrist commie.

I do understand what you said 'feeling involuntary,waaa".

You know what I said to that, that you completely disregarded?

>>17373110
>I'm not even going to entertain the possibilities that other people might have shitty opinions or work hard to focus more on my own opinions of myself than others

Fighting back against criticism and those kinds of self-doubts are things you have to work towards.
Of course it's involuntary, it's you're first, instinctive reaction. but you can work towards standing up to criticism. Start small, argue with someone calling you a tumblr trans-nigger (like you actually are, you dainty little princess) and fight back with logical and well thought out arguments (rather than 'muh feels', because 'muh feels' is the path to a terrible life. Feelings are naturally irrational, which can sometimes (not all the time) lead you to make less than intelligent decisions).

Shit, this is why the army gets so rough of new recruits. The whole 'breaking you down to build you up' thing. They gotta get rid of this "waa, I don't like it" mentality in order to build stronger characters. They gotta build up their "fight back" mentality.

So, bitch-nigger, you you just gonna disregard everything I've said again, or are you actually gonna work towards building up some independence and character so other peoples opinions don't mean shit to you.
>>
I used to be this way, I just kind of grew out of it. At some point it suddenly clicked for me that I had this (even to me) unspoken assumption that I should always be right about things if I spoke up, while that's ridiculous and arrogant and a standard I don't hold anyone else to. That might sound depressing, but I actually found it very freeing to realize that everyone is spouting bullshit from time to time and it's less about whether you ever do it than about being mature enough to say that you realized you were wrong and cut your losses.

I don't think not taking well to being thoroughly insulted online is that weird, though. It doesn't bother me that much but I do find it weird that when social interaction is taken to another medium, all semblance of social etiquette suddenly goes out of the window. In real life you would look down on someone for countering an argument with a string of personal insults, why do otherwise online?
>>
>>17373172
Yeah, I see. Guess it just takes time.
>>
>>17373146
>Even after I break it down and dismiss it in my mind, the feeling is still there

If you truly dismissed it from your mind, it shouldn't affect you at all. I'm not sure you're being honest with yourself

Your logically breaking down the insults, but you're still adding validity to it by letting it affect you emotionally, which seem as if they can't be controlled. But they can, it's all in your mindset. Hence, you're not dismissing them at all

Whether you feel anger or embarrassment, it's all voluntary. These kinds of feelings can be mitigated. You just need to develop tougher skin over time
>>
File: 1459763352709.jpg (157KB, 992x880px) Image search: [Google]
1459763352709.jpg
157KB, 992x880px
>>17373167
>He thinks you can escape feels with muh """logic"""
>He doesn't realize that logic is something we use to make sense of feels
>He probably unironically believes that people would agree with him if they would "just use common sense"
Holy shit you're even more cucked by your brain than OP. Congrats.
>>
>>17373167
>I'm not even going to entertain the possibilities that other people might have shitty opinions or work hard to focus more on my own opinions of myself than others
I do this. I completely understand when the other person is wrong, and that it's irrational to get upset by something meaningless. This does no part in preventing the negative reaction that I feel every time.

>>17373220
Outside of meditating, what can I even do that will prevent this? I'm glad you're trying to help, but I feel like those who say these things have never gone through this themselves.
>>
The only two ways I know how

Either I ignore it or react violently to it
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.