[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /adv/ My mother is mentally ill. The severity of this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: nuke2.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nuke2.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Hello /adv/

My mother is mentally ill. The severity of this illness is likely not as extreme as it could be but it is still extreme enough to cause severe disturbance and discomfort within the family.

The illness expresses itself in loud and dramatic outbursts in reaction to mundane things. Examples of things she reacts to would be some undone dishes, slightly unorganized anything, questioning anything she says, making a joke she doesn't like- the list goes on. These outbursts happen daily, very rarely outside of the home however. The screaming can sometimes be so loud(and it's not even coherent language sometimes) that it sounds like a life threatening situation when in fact it's something completely normal and usually nothing to be upset about at all. However she doesn't hit people during these outbursts, she does slam doors and throw things sometimes and has spit on members of the family too. She gets really close and yells trying to provoke a violent reactions in the other person, particularly in male members of the family like myself; saying things like "just hit me" or "just kill me." Of course neither I nor any other member of the family has ever hit her, however the occasional response to the provocation was yelling back but that doesn't happen often at all anymore. Now the family just lets her go off. My father is always on her side but never yells. More recently my father has been trying to stop her from having these outbursts but that has spawned another sort of problem from this:

My mother has been under the impression for a few months, maybe a year, that everyone in the family is against her. It goes as far as her thinking members of the family are intentionally provoking her, that she has no place in the family and should just leave and just yesterday she asked me in one of her outbursts if she should just kill herself.
>>
My mother does almost the same. You probably don't want to let her alone as i did (When i've turned 21 i leaved home and got a job, renting an apartment in another city)

Let me ask a question: Is she under any medication effects? Specially antidepressants or something like this?
>>
My mother has a rocky passed but I don't know a lot about it. She was a single mom for a short time before my father found her and later had me. In her 30s one of her parents died violently infront of her and the other died from disease shortly after. There's some rumor of child abuse but nothing substantiated. Additionally she grew up in the Soviet Union(don't think this one is too relevant). I'm saying these things because they may have contributed to the formation of this illness.

These outbursts have been occurring as long as I can remember(I'm 19 years old I go to a university but live with my family). Although the frequency has risen to nearly daily and severity has increased within recent years.

tl;dr

>My mother has always had loud, dramatic and sometimes violent outbursts about mundane things
>These happen daily and the whole family hates it
>She's had a shitty past

How do I deal with this? The only solution of foresee is moving out of the house. The time I spend away from her at the university or at my job is always so much more peacful than when with her.

Any advice or similar situations would be appreciated. Thank you
>>
>>17372438
This is also continuation of my post (OP)
>>
>>17372435
She's considered taking medication but she is very against it, even though she is a psychiatric nurse herself. I should add that at her job she is always surrounded by mentally ill people. She has only acquired this job in the passed 6 or 7 years.
>>
>>17372435
No medication that I know of, just to be clear.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.