[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was told I have a fatty liver and need to lose 30 pounds in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

I was told I have a fatty liver and need to lose 30 pounds in 6 months. This was on Wednesday. Since then I have been eating less, stopped eating fast food twice a day, had no fried food, and limited my salt and sugar intake.

I was 233lbs on Wednesday, today on Tuesday I'm 219 and a bit scared.

Isnt this too fast to lose weight? Also I'm up so late because there is a pain in my left ear down to my neck but now it is concentrating on my left ear.

What do I do? Im a bit of a hypochondriac according to my family so maybe im overthinking?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>17371710
>233lbs
>needs to lose 30 lbs

Are you a midget?
>>
5 "8
>>
>>17371710
It might be too fast, but if you were told to lose weight fast, its better than the alternative.

If you're concerned about the speed, start taking multivitamins; one a day or generic equivalent will general ensure that you don't miss anything too important. You'll still lose weight fast, but it will be less dangerous. Once you hit your goal, your doctor will probably want you to still lose a bit of weight, but you can increase your intake.

As to why you're losing that much weight... are you physically active? A significant cut in diet for a physically active person can result in losing weight fairly quickly, especially if you're not taking in much sugar (since then your body goes straight to fat burning for energy purposes).

If you're really concerned, give your doctor a call; you might just have a body composition that resulted in it being easy to lose a bit of weight.

>>17371721
Its probably more to do with the liver than anything; if your organs aren't working properly, you need to have a much more comprehensive body maintenance than normal.
>>
it's called water wheight.
you're not going to lose that much fat this fast, the wheight loss will slow down once you got rid of the water and what you'll see then is the fat/muscle loss.
>>
I walk about 30 minutes to an hour a day. Also i go to my gym for 20 minutes on this one machine thats a mix of biking and walking? It measures strides.

I typically do 2 miles on that thing in less than 25 minutes, it shows I burn 256 calories.
>>
>>17371710
You have to weigh yourself at the same time each day. Everyone gains and loses up to 3 or 4 pounds in the course of a day.
>>
Get on dat dere DNP. Lose 30 pounds within 1 month.
>>
All you lost is water (thats what happens when you lower your sodium intake, especially from.fast food + eat less in general). You need to lose 30 lbs of fat. Doctor shouldve clarified that.
>>
idk if your doctor mentioned this to you, but drinking coffee has shown to have a positive effect on people with fatty livers in helping to reverse the symptoms (along with losing weight and improving your diet, and being more active)

So each morning you should have a cup of black coffee, it'll take a bit of getting used to so if you don't like it at first you could put a bit of skim milk in it, but no sugar.
>>
>eating fast food twice a day

jeez and i feel bad eating it most weekends...
>>
>>17371710
Go to /fit/, read the sticky, start counting calories on your phone with myfitnespal or some other app
>>
>>17372431
if you Wont do what this guy says, then at least get Pokemon GO and do a shit ton of walking, 5+ miles a day
>>
When you go on a low carb diet and stop eating sugar your body goes into "Ketosis" or something which is where your body basically feeds off of your fat. I lost 10 pounds in about 1.5-2 weeks that way. When you make drastic changes to your body, it responds.
>>
>Isnt this too fast to lose weight?
Not at that size, it'll slow down VERY soon

>Also I'm up so late because there is a pain in my left ear down to my neck but now it is concentrating on my left ear.
Talk to a doctor

>What do I do?
Keep exercising and dieting. The weight is going to slip off a lot slower after the first 20 lbs

>Im a bit of a hypochondriac according to my family so maybe im overthinking?
definitely
>>
Good luck!!!! I reallyhope you can lose the weigth and find a healthier lifestyle.

Let me just tell you, as someone who struggled with staying "fit" and keeping my weigth down, two years ago i stopped drinking soda and i lost 20 pounds. Just from soda. I think if you cut out sugary drinks it will help you so much
Sugar is whats killing us and poisoning our bodies.

If you dont feel faint or weak, i dont think its too much weigth to lose. It wilm help every part of your body. Again good luck
>>
File: IMG_20160705_181954296.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160705_181954296.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
>>17371710
My weight is the same as yours OP, wtf r u doing wrong?

pic related, me.
>>
>>17372634
>120lb stick insect
>thinks he's 220lbs
ggwp
>>
>>17371710
Go to /fit/ and read the sticky (not the rest of the board, full of summerfags spouting nonsense).

Generally people lose a lot of weight when they first start dieting, especially if they're very overweight and then they taper down to a more normal rate (1lb/week or so) as they get closer to a healthy weight. Some of it's water weight and glycogen, but a lot of it has to do with the fact that the energy required to maintain a large body mass is very high, so even a fairly nonrestrictive diet will produce a huge caloric deficit and rapid weight loss.

Don't do keto or PSMF or anything low carb like that until your liver is healthy again.

Good luck anon, I lost a lot of weight right after college and even when I go off the wagon for months on end (winter depression) I'm still fitter than I ever was, which is more than most people I grew up with can say.

Also, the pain could be an ear infection but it could be something serious so get it checked out.
>>
Happy for you, man. Here's the thing, losing wieght that fast in the beginning is normal, but if your goal is to just lose weight to get to a certain point, you will gain it back again. You will need to keep these changes up for the rest of your life.

The best thing you can do for yourself is easy: Drink nothing but water from now on. No more soda amd especially no more beer.
>>
>>17372676
i'm 6'6", nigger
>>
File: 1435262975286.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1435262975286.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
Nah man, keep going

Drink a A LOT OF water and keep drinking water

Eat vegetables, cereals, and fruit. Meat once a week, ideally not processed but if absolutely must, go for it.

At the beggining people lose the water weight so it's perfectly normal. It'll be harder from now on, so you might want to add exercise twice a week. Nothing fancy man, doesn't even has to be weights or shit, you can just fucking walk. Walk for 30 minutes twice a week. Saturday and Sunday works perfectly, but ideally a Wednesday might be better. Or walk 10 minutes each day a week. Also works

Anyhow best of luck. (Try a tyroid surgery if you ever get the money lol)
>>
Thanks for all the responses guys, when I'm not working out or walking I'm usually laying down or sitting, what should I do instead?

Also I did some calorie counting and found out I ate over 4000 calories a day last week and now barely reach 1200.

I never feel hungry, just bored. Also started measuring food which is great!
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.