[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tl;dr: Clutch in my car needs to be replaced >Can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: clutch.jpg (246KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
clutch.jpg
246KB, 1600x1200px
>tl;dr: Clutch in my car needs to be replaced
>Can't get it fixed right now to due to work obligations for the next two days
>Is it okay to drive a car that's clutch needs replacing or am I going to possibly fuck my car up?

The clutch in my car is slipping. The clutch won't "catch" anymore. The RPMs will go really high if I apply too much gas.

Is it bad for my car to drive with a clutch that's slipping? I have to work in the morning til late evening for the next two days, so I can't get it fixed immediately.
>>
most likely no, but if you keep driving it eventually its going to blow out completely meaning you'll need to get your car towed in addition to getting the clutch replaced.

I've done it before, I wouldn't recommend it if you have any way to avoid doing so. I don't really know all that much about cars but when the clutch blew there was a lot of smoke, I don't think it did any actual damage to the engine though.
>>
>>17371397
Get if fixed as soon as you can. It'll make a terrible noise and stink up the neighborhood, not to mention mechanical failure during standard operation. It's a disaster waiting to happen. Get it fixed as soon as possible.
>>
>>17371397
This is why I fucking love this board. Out of the fucking blue you get questions about cars and houses.
>>
>>17371400
>>17371401
The first time I noticed it slipping was when I was getting off at this weird highway offramp/on ramp yield intersection thing. I drove and changed gears appropriately like how I always do at that point. I had my music on a little loud so I couldn't hear the engine but I glanced down and saw my RPMs were at like 6-7000. It was in the right gear but it just wasn't catching.

The car smelt like something was burnt so I assume that was the clutch heating up from the stress.

I'd really like to get it fixed ASAP, but again, I work the next two days in the morning so it kinda sucks. Tempted to call off work and get it done just so I don't risk fucking my car up.

>>17371404
Beats all the whiny relationship threads that are the norm.
>>
i wouldn't drive it if the clutch is slipping that bad. you can fuck up the teeth on the other gears. clutch is a cheap and easy fix so it aint wroth it.
>>
>>17371397
Yes and no, if you know how to drive properly you don't even need a clutch, in saying that I know it's not average man skills to drive without a clutch, you get used to these things when your a mechanic, though there might be an adjustment on your gearbox or clutch pedal depending on your car, bring it up a bit and you might get a little more out of your clutch. But get that shit replaced ASAP
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.