[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live with my mom at age 27 with my son. I have a love/hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

File: best companion.jpg (17KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
best companion.jpg
17KB, 500x500px
I live with my mom at age 27 with my son. I have a love/hate relationship with her.

>1 year anniversary since I've been classified as totally disabled since my accident at work
>Am limited from a LOT of things. Ex: Can't walk for long without resting, can't sit for long ( Unless it's a comfy chair ) and can't do any rough/sudden movement
>Can't work until the case if finished

Anyway, my mom loves to get into arguments. Her biggest pet peeve is being online for extensive hours.

I cook daily, I do dishes at least twice a day, and I dust the entire house every week. The minimum-ish due to my back problems. I'm thankful for my mom helping me out during these rough times and stuff but it's difficult keeping my mouth shut at times.

>She ALWAYS makes comments on my bad habits ( I was never a clean person... )
>Always blames the net for any mistake I do ( Your food was underseasoned because you were in a rush to get back online )
>Would always tell me that I'm attracted to demonic stuff ( I read a lot of fantasy novels. ie: World of Warcraft )
>Threatens to take away the net or my laptop as a form of punishment for ANYTHING

Can't argue with her because she'll always think her opinion is word and whatever I say is invalid. Even if it's the same piece of advice she'd told me and I repeat it.

Today:
>Mom threatens to disconnect the net
>Tell her to do it if she thinks its best
>She notices that I don't care and tries alternatives ( Taking away the laptop and stuff )
>No effect
>Comments about expecting me to change now that I have internet ( We've had it no more than a month )
>Return the comment "Can't expect people to change in such a short time. You have high expectations for such a short time"
>Stays quiet and goes upstairs to drink

What can I do? I'm so stressed...and the only reason I'm here is because she's helping me through this tough time. My best isn't enough for her and I'm reminded of it everyday.
>>
>>17371023
>( I was never a clean person... )
That's a horrible excuse.

>( Your food was underseasoned because you were in a rush to get back online )
Might or might not be true, most likely her being a retard though.

>Would always tell me that I'm attracted to demonic stuff
Rural Murica, eh?

>>Threatens to take away the net or my laptop as a form of punishment for ANYTHING
Wait, wasn't you 27? The fuck?

She sounds fucking annoying and there is honestly not much you could do in your current situation, she doesn't sound like a person you could convince with any arguments. Although I don't get why you would tolerate her taking away your stuff, unless it's her laptop that she gives to you.
>>
File: demon girl.png (597KB, 1143x1200px) Image search: [Google]
demon girl.png
597KB, 1143x1200px
I suggest you print this out and pin it up on your wall
>>
>>17371023

On the surface, she sounds like a narcissist. She always needs to be in control, she infantalizes you, and she needs attention (positive or negative). There's not much that can be done about it, unfortunately. Most people have to go little to no contact.
>>
File: cook.jpg (17KB, 399x367px) Image search: [Google]
cook.jpg
17KB, 399x367px
>>17371040
She is. It's the reason why all my sisters moved out by age 15 and avoid seeing her for months/years and always pity me for living with her. They know how it is. I am 27 and it's MY property but she does the whole "You live under my roof and you're my daughter, so I can do whatever I want."
>>17371051
Ew but that's a girl. .Can't it be a guy? I'm not lesbo.
>>17371055
She is a narcissist and cognizant of it but too stubborn to admit it. All my sisters know she wants to be in control and I do too but it's hard since this is my only place for succor due to my condition and with help.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.