[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any people in a happy long-term relationship here? I'm just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1462463814850.jpg (103KB, 750x907px) Image search: [Google]
1462463814850.jpg
103KB, 750x907px
Any people in a happy long-term relationship here?
I'm just wondering how many heartbreaks does it take on average to find someone you truly click with.
The thing is that I never did the relationship drama and break-ups as a teenager so now (at 26) every bad experience and heartbreak absolutely crushes me (while other people my age are probably already numb to it). Is it even worth it?

Please share your experiences.
>>
>>17369394

there is no average. even if you did the math you already admitted that your life is outside of the norm. and other people are too.

you have people in their 40s who are permasingle and cant seem to figure out why. people in their teens do marry their highschool sweet hearts and make it work.

more often than not, you just float through life meeting one person after another, truly clicking for short bursts of time (in the grand scheme of things) and moving on when you've outgrown one another.

what do you mean by truly click? perhaps you truly did click with these people but the almost inevitable break ups just happened cuz... well they're almost inevitable.

what was your longest relationship?

and yes its worth it imo.
>>
The other anon is right. It is worth it.

It really is a wonderful feeling to go through life with the person you love. To grow alongside that person as an individual, to have someone challenge life with you. It is wonderful. Please don't stop looking. You will endure a lot of heartbreak to get to that point, but I guarentee you it will be worth it.
>>
>>17369439

meh, i just meant its worth dating and having fun. im not a believer in finding one partner for life.
>>
>>17369394
I've only had one relationship and still am in it after 14 years. So no there is no average in terms of finding someone who you really click with. Some people never do, some it takes 50 tries, others are like me and find someone who I "click" with early on.

That said, never think of someone as being the "one". Instead look at dating as a sea of "ones" that you can click with. You may have already met someone that you did click with but as >>17369401 said, it was inevitable that it would end.

I may not be the best for advice since I've only had one person but my friends and family have gone through many lovers. While some did settle down or at least maintained a long relationship those who just had short term relationships actually grew as a person. They took a breakup and learned from the experience to either do better next time, learn what they want, or just better themselves as a whole.
>>
It depends on many things. How far are you? Can you see eachother? How often? How much do you like them? How much do you care for them. Do you have an easy time finding a relationship?

There's no denying that it CAN be worth it, but my personal belief is that most of the time it's not.
>>
>>17369449
Sure. Frankly that's good you don't believe in finding the "one" or any of that bs. It is worth dating and having fun because it will suck being alone and people can't help but to desire love.
>>
>>17369401
>there is no average.
Well, technically there is grom a mathematical standpoint. But the standard deviation is so high that the average is meaningless as a predictor. Even if I were to tell tou that it was, say, 5 or 6 (which is totally ex recto, by the way), I skew all the graphs by virtue of having nailed it the first time: married my first high school sweetheart, still happy together after 20 years.
>>
>>17369394
>first fuck/relationshit at 18
>thought i was in love
>was fucking stupid, thankfully it ended after a year

>second relationshit at 20
>thought i was in love
>was fucking stupid again, it ended after a year and some months

>third and current relationshit, 24
>know im in love

its quite possible that after a few years ill lok back on this and think how fucking stupid i was. but we've been together 2 years and im still madly in love with him. every relationship takes work, sacrifice, and can be very scary
its kind of the whole reason we do it... high risk, high reward... you have to be vulnerable and you open yourself up to get hurt
>>
>>17370062
What are you on about?
>>
>>17369459
I think you need to reread this champ, OP said long-term not long-distance...
>>
ive had about 7 relationships if i remember right. its been a long time to be honest so i might be a bit foggy. my 7th one is my most successful one at about 4 and a half years. to be honest only a couple of the older ones were heartbreakers. Some out of regret and some from feeling dumped. either way it took me about 3 years of searching. my past relationships were highly volitile and only one i would consider steady. I left her though because i was getting made fun of for being with her. Its the one i feel the shittiest about because she was perfectly nice and i was happy with her, its just at that time i was suicidal and i was getting bullied for everything i ever did at that time. Even still the person im with now is the person i would prefer to be with because i connect with her more.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.