[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get along with my handicapable boss? My boss has Aspergers.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: aspergers1[1].jpg (17KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
aspergers1[1].jpg
17KB, 300x240px
How do I get along with my handicapable boss? My boss has Aspergers. Meaning my boss is a retarded idiot. But still, that's my boss. Everyone knows Boss is a retarded idiot, including Boss, who has Boss's job because of Boss's nepotism. Boss is 45% decent at the job, and because of nepotism, isn't going anywhere anytime soon. So I have to learn how to make this retarded idiot happy and rich so that I can continue to work for this retarded idiot. I'm looking into changing jobs, but in the meantime, I need to find ways to make my Retarded Idiot Boss happy with me so that I can keep my job and not get fired for some Retarded Idiot Backed By Nepotism reason.

How do I cope with being managed by someone younger, less experienced, and mentally handicapped?
>>
>>17368277
>handicapable
I think it's you who's the retarded idiot
>>
Well, does he have some kind of problem with you or your work?
>>
>>17368287
I am not perfect
>>17368288
Says I screw up orders too much. One of the managers straight up destroyed company property today, so if I get fired for making some food wrong, hell will freeze over and I'll have a book to write.
>>
>>17368293
Have you been screwing up orders, or is the issue that he's just picky about things being just so? How often does it happen, and to what severity?

Mistakes definitely will happen and a good manager should realize you're only human, but still, there's not a lot of forgiveness to be found in food service, especially when sending out a botched order.
>>
>>17368312
There are mistakes, and I admit to that, there's something that I'm still learning, but I also feel like I'm being held up to an unreasonable standard. Boss is chewing me out after a workplace fall where I almost break my hand today and says that I still don't have the recipes memorized (there's about 12). I've been at this company for about a month.

The bad orders were caught, and I even took the hit for a few that weren't my fault because my co-worker is 16 and I don't want to see a kid get chewed out, so I take the hit.

I feel like Boss is seriously content with being borderline-incompetent as long as everyone else will pick up the slack. Boss will straight up lie to you to cover her ass, but as far as I've seen, not anyone else's at all. Textbook bad boss. I'm being unmanly by complaining, but I have to vent somewhere or else it's going to affect my performance.
>>
>>17368316
>I even took the hit for a few that weren't my fault because my co-worker is 16 and I don't want to see a kid get chewed out, so I take the hit.
Try not to do that. Sounds like you can't really afford too many strikes against you, and I'm sure your coworker can learn to be responsible for their own mistakes.

It's good that you're venting. It sounds like you've got a pretty stressful job. It's normal to hold food workers to a high standard, but all you can do is your best, apologize when you get things wrong, try to improve, and move on.

I don't know much about aspergers, but I think
I've heard it's on the autism spectrum, where one of the main issues is trouble understanding social cues. So I'm pretty sure that with that comes a lack of empathy. Your boss may actually have a hard time understanding or having sympathy for when other people are in pain. She knows she needs to look out for number 1 because she doesn't like getting shit on, but she may not be used to putting herself in anybody else's shoes. So instead of having the respect for your feelings you'd expect from other people, they've only got the hard results to focus on, and if those are unsatisfactory, the clear thing to do would be to reprimand you. It's not fair, and it's not even really excusable, but if you're dealing with someone with a legit syndrome, you're going to have to understand that and find a way to work with it. Maybe do a little research if you think it'll ease your mind or prepare you with dealing with your situation. Usually I'd recommend talking about your feelings but I dunno if that'll work here. Maybe its better to stick with communicating the hard facts.
>>
Been there. Unfortunately the only solution is to find another job and quit. My former boss was a total nightmare. Full on aspie, with ragefits, always blaming everyone else on his mistakes, and behaving like a spoiled little shit. It was the best moment of my life when I finally found another job and slammed my resignation letter on his desk.
>>
>>17368277
Just to start with a bit of education, Aspergers has absolutely NOTHING to do with mental retardation - it is more common for Asperger people to have high IQs than low. Aspergers is strictly a social-functioning disability, difficulty in reading people's emotions and the like.

Now, to your complaint. Your added posts make it clear that you are a screw-up at your job and you get yelled at a lot, and you think that's unfair. Frankly, based on what you confess, I'd have fired you by now.

What is happening is that you are mad at yourself for being such a screw-up, and choose to direct your anger outward, blaming those who witness your screw-ups and thus make you feel bad.

Solution: stop screwing up, nobody will criticize you, and you can live happily ever after.
>>
>>17368287
This
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.