[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I needed to use my roomates bike to get somewhere pretty quickly.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: fuckingbike.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingbike.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I needed to use my roomates bike to get somewhere pretty quickly. On the way back I switched gears and something fucked up. I thought that just a chain hung down and I tried to fix that and that I noticed that these wires are disconnected and bended and shit. I couldn't do nothing so I took the bike on my bike and brought it home.

Now I'm here fucking desperate trying to figure out how could I fix this shit. Also the shit I hold in my hand fell of, I don't even know what that is. I rode a fucking dirt cheap bikes my whole life and this never happened to me and now this fucking thing.
>>
>>17358592
>took the bike on my back*

I'm drunk as shit.
>>
dude the spokes are broke it needs to be taken to a shop to have them fixed they need to be replaced.
>>
the thing you have in your hand is a multi tool for bikes I think.
>>
Just be honest with him and tell him you'll get it fixed. Take it to a bike shop to get it properly prepared.

As long as your roommate is a reasonable human bean, he shouldn't chimp out as long as you take responsibility for it.
>>
Dude what the fuck did you do to that bike
>>
>>17358617
*properly repaired

Auto-correct is fun.
>>
>>17358617
>>17358609
I moved to a flat to spend summer in. People who are withing went abroad as soon as I moved in. I don't even know who owns this bike I just spend most of the times alone here. Fucking fuck. How much will it cost me?
>>
kill your roomate
>>
>>17358627
Put a note on it:
>Hey this is Anon, I borrowed this bike and on the way home some shit went wrong on it. I've honestly got no idea.
>If this is yours please tell me and I'll help pay for any needed repairs.
>>
>>17358619
I don't fucking know, I hope it will be all good when I wake up in the morning and shit. I didn't even need to use the bike I was fucking drunk and shit.
>>
>>17358592

Apologize to your friend and take responsibility.
Take it to a bike shop.
Pay for the repairs.

Done.
Not that hard right?
>>
>>17358627
Wat? So do you know who owns the bike, but he just isn't home? Or is it a complete stranger's bike?

>How much will it cost me?
How would anyone on here know? But that's what happens when you borrow shit that doesn't belong to you. You pay for repairs for damage that you cause.

Which is why I personally very rarely use anything that doesn't belong to me.
>>
>>17358656
I don't know the person who owns this bike.
>>
>>17358661
There is several people who are in this flat. There was just one bloke who introduced me to this place and who I pay rent to. I fucked up, oh my fucking god fuck this shit.
>>
>>17358664
Why would you take a complete stranger's bike? There's a difference between borrowing something from a roommate you personally know and just taking a complete stranger's property.

Are you retarded or something?
>>
>>17358668
because I never would have thought that he would found out when he is out? It was just here and I needed to use it, it's a basic logic.
>>
>>17358686
No, you stupid idiot. Basic logic is not using shit that doesn't belong to you.
>>
>>17358592
You broke some spokes, and it that thing in your hand is a cheapo bike repair tool. (ironically the side you have in your hand is WORTHLESS. I had that exact model. complete piece of shit)

You're fucked m8. A broken spoke has to be replaced, and it's the kind of part that's common but needlessly expensive because only an avid cyclist would actually buy any instead of just replacing the whole wheel. Getting it done at a bike shop might actually be cheaper than finding and ordering the part yourself, honestly.

The thing in your hand is impossible to break, though. It's already a shit device and doesn't do anything for the bike anyway. It's just a screwdriver and """wrench""" set. Just put it back where you found it.
>>
File: 1468310912688.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468310912688.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>17358686
You retard.
>>
>>17358707
Yeah, I'm gonna g to service as soon as I can. Thanks. I'm just fucking wrestling every penny now and this shit doesn't come welcome. I hope it'll be cheap.
>>
get new wheel from flea market . make sure you get same amount of gears
>>
>>17358707
>needlessly expensive
What kind of bongistan do you live in where it's expensive?
>17358627
>How much will it cost me?
Pennies really. They're cheap and pretty easy to replace as long as you're not afraid of simple bike maintenance. You'll need a special square tool to tighten them to the rim of the wheel. Ask the guy in bike shop for one. Or that shitty multitool of yours should have it on one of the tool's blades.
>>
>>17358619
Spokes tend to break over time due to the amount burden they're subjected to. The steel gets used up and can snap eventually. Happened to me as well once on my brother's bike. Had to replace 2 or 3 spokes.
>>
>>17358592
Take it to a repair shop. Pay to have it fixed. Go without lunch for a week if need be.
>>
Those are broken spokes, they are only a few dollars a pop and are easily replaced. It'll also need to be adjusted when the new spokes are installed. A repair shop would do it for less than $40, anymore and they are overcharging.
>>
File: 1467940894065.jpg (98KB, 500x595px) Image search: [Google]
1467940894065.jpg
98KB, 500x595px
>>17358592
>>17358609
Unless it's an expensive bike , repairing it will be more than its worth. I would hunt Craigslist for a cheap, nice replacement bike and tell them before they get back
>>
>>17360773
Bullshit, services do this for dirt cheap.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.