[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ I can't figure out what to do. My parents screwed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Sgt._Roebuck_Saving_C._Miller.jpg (148KB, 700x658px) Image search: [Google]
Sgt._Roebuck_Saving_C._Miller.jpg
148KB, 700x658px
Hey /adv/ I can't figure out what to do. My parents screwed me over and said they wouldn't co-sign a student loan for me. I desperately want to go to college, is there any way for me to get a student loan with bad credit? Or should I just give that dream up for the time being and join the military?
>>
bump

please help me
>>
Could you explain more about your situation?
>>
>>17351451
>>17351552
Call the loan company and explain the situation to them. They'll want to do something to help you, as if you don't borrow money they don't make money. With bad credit though, you might find that the loan comes with a caveat, such as them not giving you the full amount you ask for, having you pay it back at a significantly higher interest rate, or perhaps even paying them a deposit before they'll give you access to the money.
>>
>>17351568
Not to bitch about my parents, but they don't really like me and are always trying to mess with me. I'm trying to go off to college and my dad flipped out at me this morning and basically told me to go fuck myself and that he wouldn't help me out with anything school related.

I have crappy credit from being dumb with my first credit card.

>>17351582
I would be fine with anything that gets me money for school and living arragements. I'll try to call Sallie Mae tomorrow, I suppose.
>>
>>17351451
I don't know much about American college shit, but I do know that you can get the military to pay for your uni if you agree to enlist for a certain amount of years after.

Look into that.

Most militaries without mandatory enlistment are desperate for educated men.
>>
>>17351451
Have you tried FAFSA?

You can get like 9.5k in loans co-signed by the government, and the pell grant, if you qualify.
>>
>>17351695
They have ROTC but I think my GPA is too low for that. Plus I have weed in my system currently.

>>17351701
I got my FAFSA award, it almost covers tuition but I need housing and books and stuff.
>>
>have bad credit
>expect parents to cosign for you
>get mad when they don't want to be burdened with your debt if you default
How much more entitled could you get?
>>
>>17351888
I'm not going to default, though. They don't care about my credit, they're specifically doing this because they know I want to go to college and it's a way to manipulate me. I know on /adv/ we tend to default that the OP is a shitbag that can't handle life, but I'm really not the only person that wants to go to college that owes a bank $200.
>>
>>17351888
And again, I don't expect them to do shit for me now. I'm LOOKING for a way to achieve my goals despite them. Nobody was mad except for the fact that they lied to me up until yesterday. And I got over it, quick.
>>
I know how you feel OP, my parents won't even help me out with my fafsa so I had to pay for tuition by working full time and taking online classes. Thank God my school had a payment plan option. Maybe your school would have that too. Ever considered taking an online class while working part time?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.