[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"I want you to WANT to do _______" What are yalls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

"I want you to WANT to do _______"

What are yalls thoughts on this phrase. Is it fair to want that, or that a sign that things aren't meant to be?
>>
>>17347522
>"I want you to WANT to do _______"

Robot here, let me put it like this.

I want some women to WANT to have sex with me.

But lifes not about what we want/need/deserve/feel as thought we've earned. We get what we get and he have to deal with the hand we've been dealt as best as we can.

"I want you to want to do ____" is just entitled as fuck. And I hate using the word 'entitled'. It's become the buzzword of the decade.
I mean, you're allowed to want shit, but jesus christ, don't go around telling people what you want them to want.
It's close to thought policing.
>>
>>17347522
I'd say it depends on the context.

Wanting people to want something can sound cunty, but I'd say it counts as encouragement with lazy/apathetic people (motivational speeches follow this pattern, don't they?)
>>
It depends. Sometimes you're just incompatible, sometimes you've just got a shitty attitude.
>>
>>17347552
You make it sound like you have sex with them even though they don't want to.

Too true though, it is quite entitled to open with a statement of "I want..." but as a response?

"yo, this I don't think this'll work, you don't ______"
"No, this willbwork. I'll just start doing ______"
"...Yeah I want you to WANT to want to ______"

Perhaps a better perspective would be "I want to be with someone who wants to ____"?
>>
You are ASSUMING this is about sex.

It could be about doing the dishes or going shopping.
>>
>>17347575
>You make it sound like you have sex with them even though they don't want to.

Poor choice of words on my part.
Woops.

Anyway, I think this is the best way to start it;
>"yo, this I don't think this'll work, you don't ______"

Essentially, you're presenting that there is a problem, and it requires a solution.
Seems the best way to get a dialogue and some negotiation going on.
"How do we solve this?".
That kinda thing.

Though, as this guy puts it >>17347581
This thread has been intentionally vague from the get-go so it's hard to help out.
>>
It is fair to communicate it. Eg saying that you want a partner to accompany you on vacation, even if that means they have to grit their teeth and deal with it, is an entirely different message from saying - traveling together is romantic and special to me, I want you to be in that whole heartedly.

Obviously you cannot necessarily make yourself want something, but it is a desire or need that's expressed, not (in a healthy relationship) a demand. From that point on you can evaluate how much you (assuming you are on the receiving end) can emphatize, how much you personally agree that you could/should change in that area, or if you don't want to budge, how important that is to you. And ultimately, if you don't want to budge and this is VERY important to you, whether that's a dealbreaker for the relationship.

Stating it is always fair game and in fact improves communicated. Let's you know where the other one stands.
>>
Thanks, friends. Yes, intentionally vague so anyone can relate this pattern to their own experience without inconsequential details getting in the way.

Yrah, motivational speeches always follow. Most of the time they aren't deal breakers...I want you to be more organized with our things, put laundry away, feed/clean the pets more regularly yadada.

There are ones that are sticky, when they have to do with image. Wanting someone to care more about their outward appearance. that's where it feels unfair to ask, because I don't, or even pretend to, own someone's body.

I'll try and address these situations with a bit more tact and not so much "rah rah problems so learn to love fixing it"
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.