[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm almost 28. I only recently held a job for more than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

I'm almost 28. I only recently held a job for more than a year and it was part-time. I'm smart, but undisciplined. I'm a published author, but not in a well paying genre. I'm a produced screenwriter, but don't want to continue because directors change everything. Besides, writing isn't a sustainable career.

What the fuck am I supposed to do? Temp agencies are getting me interviews, no jobs yet because I suck at interviewing, because I lied on my resume. One call and it's over.

I'm frugal, coupled with the fact that mental illness prevents me from leaving my house outside of work, and managed to save a lot of money before moving out of my parents' place.

During college, I turned into a disturbing, wimpy, emotional wreck and haven't been able to return to my confident and sarcastic self.

I don't see a future for myself and have been considering suicide for almost a eight years. What the hell is the point of living if I can't find a job, find a girlfriend or support myself? I'm a drain on society. I fucking collect food stamps for fucks sake. I have a hard time focusing on anything I used to be passionate about: news, books, movies, pro-wrestling.

It all feels like a waste of time. What the hell should I do?
>>
>>17341704
Bump.
>>
>>17341725
Double bump.
>>
>>17341754
Triple bump.
>>
File: images-16.jpg (13KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
images-16.jpg
13KB, 210x240px
Become a Carpenter
>>
>>17341704
>What the hell should I do?
Become a carpenter.
>>
>>17341790
>>17341792
I'm not familiar with this meme.
>>
Have you thought about getting into programming or web design? There are many good paying jobs either freelance, remote, or full time in person which need filling.

You can self teach from home in your spare time HTML, CSS, Javascript, and web framworks like Angular, React, jQuery, Node.js, Django.

Computer programming is pretty easy to pick up if you stick to it. You can work your ass off applying to jobs after you made some projects for yourself and use them as your portfolio.
>>
>>17341815
That's a good idea. Working from home would make life easier. On the negative side, that requires me getting over my difficulties with math and/or putting in the time to learn something. Plus, starting when I'm in my late 20's puts me much further behind dedicated computer programmers who have been at it since their early teens.
>>
>>17341803
it's not a meme
we're dead serious
>>
>>17341827
Somehow I doubt your sincerity.
>>
>>17341788
If I was a virgin or had a cheating girlfriend, the thread would be teeming with replies.
>>
>>17341878
Bump.
>>
>>17341890
Bump
>>
>>17341898
I refuse to stop.
>>
>>17341905
Fuck. I'm that hopeless.
>>
>>17341921
I gave up pretty quick there.
>>
>>17341948
At least I got back on the horse.
>>
>>17341958
Bump
>>
>>17341704
Hey man I'm a fairly accomplished indie musician (in a very unmarketable genre), college grad in a prestigious STEM field, and for the last couple of years I've been working at a grocery store (the one parodied in Bobs Burgers) to support myself. I actually would really recommend it.

I would suggest going for the comfiest mcjob you can, just to bring some income in. It will take away the stress of wondering where the money's going to come from, and will expose you to experiences that you can build on (in writing or otherwise) and make you feel more confident.

The thing about following you passion, be it art or literature or whatever, is that it sucks to depend on it (even tangentially) for money. BUT if you have a subsistence job that leaves you enough free time and lets you "leave work at work," you will be able to focus a pure and invigorating ambition towards your chosen craft. You never know what opportunities will come from your humble vocation, and being able to provide for yourself will make you feel infinitely better about your whole situation. I hope you find something that works out for you.
>>
>>17342458
This x100. Infact this /thread.
>>
>>17341704
life probably won't get any matter. Your mental issues arose because you saw reality of who you were and what was coming to you. Anyways, try living for fun and having fun. There is fun in life besides women you moron. That being said being alone sucks, I feel you, I am in the same exact situation, even the same fucking age. Did you have shit parents growing up? I did and they eventually got to me.
>>
>>17342458
Thanks for the advice. A McJob won't support me in my current living situation. I have to make at least $950 after taxes to survive. That's without putting money into savings.

My mental issues prevent me from leaving work at work. I fret over little details and unsatifactory customer interactions, due to my poor social skills, for hours after work.

I don't want to live off of my work. I'd rather stop writing and find a more sustainable position.

>>17343607
At this point, I'm tired of dating the women I attract. I've had sex. It was okay, but not enough to try and maintain a relationship with the ladies who are attracted to me.

My parents weren't shit. My family was dysfunctional, but there was no physical abuse if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>17342096
Bump.
>>
sounds like your very well off in terms of your creative stuff. most people dont even get as far as you. i dont know where you live but you know what they say about the toutred artist. that it yields beautiful work. id recommend working hard at a cafee or something. im not sure where you live so its a bit harder to recommend jobs but trust me. slum it out and you'll find you'll be making the best work youve ever done. itll be hard, but worth it.

also fuck the relationship threads.
>>
>>17344830
also forgot to add. use the connections youve established to further yourself. dont fuck it up.
>>
>>17344830
Thanks, but I'm tired of being the starving artist. I want to live semi-comfortably.

I'd rather treat writing as a hobby. Back when I was a kid, it was fun. Now it's work. I'm forced to think about what my editors want, whether I'm making something marketable and money matters. I only want to think about the art.

I live in Chicago now, by the way.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.