[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it better to make more money in a job where you get no respect,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: rodney-dangerfield.jpg (77KB, 700x706px) Image search: [Google]
rodney-dangerfield.jpg
77KB, 700x706px
Is it better to make more money in a job where you get no respect, or make less money in a job where people respect you?
>>
>>17332904
Why do you give a shit about what your coworkers think of you? They're coworkers
>>
That's completely up to you. There are perks to having your coworkers like you. It means you can get lots of good references if you pursue a higher paying gig. Being appreciated is just nice in itself. I'd have to be making an awful lot of money to work somewhere with people I don't get along with.
>>
>>17332973

Not really a matter of liking--they like me, but every day is like having to prove I belong there and am able to do my job. Feeling a bit raw about it today, but I am curious what people think in general. For one thing, I don't think it's possible to get any kind of promotion or whatever without being respected, right?
>>
>>17332904
In my opinion, the latter. I worked for many years in a decent paying job as a service technician, but my boss and supervisors were such pieces of shit that I quit, and now I work in my own tiny, one man buissness.

It pays less, since I don't always have work, but I don't have to live with the continous anger that involves being ordered around by a bunch of scumbags who get paid double you do to do just that
>>
Depends on how it affects you. Getting more money isn't helpful if people make you hate yourself. Getting more respect isn't helpful if you hate yourself for getting less money.

Maybe you have too much self respect to work with people who don't respect you. Maybe you have too much self respect to work at job where you make less money than you know you can. So what is it you value more?

Personally I'd go for people respecting me and less money.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.