[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So today a female friend of mine told me that I was "too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (149KB, 748x910px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149KB, 748x910px
So today a female friend of mine told me that I was "too intimidating" to women. She was talking about her love life, and asked how mine was, and I told her it was the same as usual - nobody worth talking about.

Then she looked at me and told me that I "intimidated" women too much, and that even though I'm not ugly, and not a sperg (I work in digital media, so you kinda have to not be), I'm so "intellectually intense" and "emotionally open" that it intimidates most women, who would rather go for some deadbeat who they can lord it over, and leverage their perceived greater worth over them so they have the upper hand in the relationship; something they wouldn't have with me because I'm too independently minded and ready to argue my point.

I don't have any trouble getting laid or tinder matching or anything, but I always just assumed I was single cause I'm an asshole (and fully aware of it). Does this intimidation bullshit ring true to you guys tho?
>>
Dude I have literally the exact same problem, although mine is more about me being to friendly and outgoing that it gives girls the creep vibe. I don't know what to do about it because i've always been a friendly guy. :(
>>
>>17332077
The intimidation thing isn't bullshit if people do feel intimidated talking to you. It's not advantageous to intimidate people all the time, though you could learn to turn it on and off at will. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with what you're actually saying, but your body language etc.
>>
>>17332126
But I wonder if OP means emotionally intimidating more than physically. That might take some therapy.
>>
>>17332138
It's probably not too complicated. I've been told the same and it's gone after I tried talking a little slower and in a more calming/friendly tone.
>>
>>17332153
>>17332138
>>17332126

I've been told I'm intimidating to talk to, but I honestly don't see how. I'm muscular, but I'm a 5'8 Manlet, so it's not the physical thing. I guess I do sort of keep to myself in social situations, but I'm pretty friendly when people talk to me. I grew up in a pretty hood area, so maybe my body language gives off a "don't fuck with me" vibe.

That said tho, I always seem to attract the same sort of emotionally fucked up, daddy issue girl, who'll come right up to me and start with the sexual innuendo. I've been told they like how intense I am, so I guess that might feed back into it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.