[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it easy to get something you want prescribed? I have a pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (37KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 288x216px
Is it easy to get something you want prescribed? I have a pretty bad anxiety/panic attack disorder but I heard the side effects on the non-controlled substance anxiety medications can be pretty bad and I'm more familiar with Xanax than any of that or klonopin.

If I tell my doctor about anxiety will he perceive me shit pills? If I ask for Xanax specifically am I fucked?
>>
Are you a doctor? If not, you don't know what medication you should be on.
>>
>>17328775
But I have anxiety and it's for anxiety
>>
>>17328786
It's not up to you to decide what medication you should be on, if at all
>>
>>17328786
There's lots of medication for anxiety. Xanax is not the only one that will work.
>>
>>17328806
But it's my body

>>17328811
I don't want anti depressants or that beta blocker shit it's too risky imo
>>
>>17328812
>But it's my body
Yes, but you're not a doctor. You're paying the doctor to help you, not do as you say because "I know muh body"
>>
>>17328820
Anti depressants have worse side effects though and I've actually used small doses of benzos before and it worked

I tried anti depressants as a kid and it made me gain weight and would make me sleepy and groggy and I tried different types

I looked up online how to relieve anxiety and I've tried all the deep breathing/meditating/hobbies/walking and nothing really helped. I've been trying to cure my anxiety without drugs for 2 years and nothing
>>
>>17328846
I never said anything about anti-depressants, what are you talking about? I said that it's up to your doctor to decide what's best for you. I don't care about your previous experience with anti-depressants.
>>
>>17328852
The alternative prescription besides Xanax for anxiety is an ssri
>>
>>17328856
Go and talk to your doctor. They might prescribe you xanax, they might not. If you don't want to go on whatever they prescribe you, you don't have to take it.
>>
>>17328862
Does that mean just throw the script in the trash or just tell them you don't wish to take it
>>
>>17328891
Either, depending on the doctor. Most doctors will take into account what you want to do. But you can't just go in and ask for something like xanax
>>
>>17328900
So should I just refuse ssri's because of my past experience and tell him I'd prefer to try a Benzo or tell him I picked up a pamphlet one day for Xanax and wanted to ask about it?

I've been struggling with anxiety kind of on and off for the past 2 years, I've been having mild panic attacks but they are very frequent and when it first started getting bad I literally laid in bed for 7 hours and couldn't sleep. I usually feel my face getting really hot and my palms and arms sweat pretty bad sometimes. My anxiety almost all of the time comes when I am just sitting alone by myself. But it's still pretty bad all the time. It happens more often at night and gives me trouble sleeping probably most days of the week if not all

I've never really thought of using medication before I looked into it a little bit but thought I could get rid of it just by exercising and deep breathing and shit like that but it didn't work very well. All of my friends have suggested I have anxiety really bad and I should get a Benzo for it and I've even met a few people who get Xanax perscribed one girl even told me she uses them for work
>>
>>17328957
Xanax isn't really a long term solution, even if you get put on it then you should consider supplementing that with therapy
>>
>>17328957
If your doctor is decent, they should go through all your options with you and address your concerns. I don't have any direct experience with this sort of thing personally.
>>
>>17328812
There's other less zombifying options, like hydroxyzine. You really don't want a xanax addiction.
>>
>>17329011
I don't want that fake shit man
>>
>>17329019
then don't bullshit us about reasons you make up if you're just looking for a pill mill, faggot
>>
>>17329027
No it has a side effect of seizures dumb ass
>>
Keep in mind that there are no tests that they can do to test for what you need. They prescribe these kinds of meds completely based on what you tell them and what they think might help. Don't directly ask for Xanax, but tell them that you've taken things like Hydroxyzine and they don't work for you. If they prescribe you something besides Xanax, accept it and then go back and tell them that it isn't helping. Do this until you get what you want.

Treating these disorders isn't as much of a science as people seem to think it is. I was seeing a therapist for years, and he kept on throwing different kinds of pills at me to see if they would work. I wasn't actually taking them, so I'd go back and tell him that they weren't working, and he'd just prescribe me something else.
>>
File: xanax.png (21KB, 480x372px) Image search: [Google]
xanax.png
21KB, 480x372px
>>17329038
why do i even reply
>>
>>17329050
Can they see my former prescriptions? I've had ssri before with no effect and bad side effects and I'm almost positive I've been perscribed that hydroxizine shit before
>>
>>17329074
of course they can
>>
>>17329076
Would it be stupid to mention I have friends who get perscribed Xanax and it works for them?
>>
File: enough education.png (78KB, 186x194px) Image search: [Google]
enough education.png
78KB, 186x194px
>>17329080
yes

im telling you this because i understand your situation: i don't think you understand the difference between SSRIs and benzos.

SSRIs (what i'm taking now) are for treating anxiety and depression (although sertraline, what im taking now, is more for just anxiety,).

Benzos are strictly for people who suffer from seizures and panic disorders. Benzos are NOT for generalized anxiety. As good as they'll make you feel, they're short term solutions. I used to suffer from multiple panic attacks/mental breakdowns almost daily, and an SSRI has actually decreased this.

tl;dr ssris are for anxiety, benzos are for seizures, panic disorders, and sometimes schizophrenia. Benzos are not (usually) for generalized anxiety. If you really want benzos and believe self medication is right for you, buy them on the street and buy a test kit online. or just fucking try marijuana like..... to me there's not much of a difference
>>
>>17329174
I've had problems with ssri before though; including weight gain and being foggy and lethargic. I do actually have panic attacks on top of my anxiety. I smoke weed a lot but it's mostly just to help me sleep but it doesn't fully cure my anxiety and I still get mild attacks while on it.
>>
get over your anxiety fucktard. it's got a root inside you that can't be excised by drugs. maybe they can ease the pain but you'll never be truly free without introspection and growth.
>>
>>17329246
This.
Benzos fuck you up after taking them regularly.
Even just several weeks of continuous use can alter your body chemistry permanently and they are hard as fuck to stop without feeling withdraw side effects.
I did it, and I didn't bitch about it.
But I was miserable.
Also, what made me have panic attacks was a major life altering event and trying to drug it away was not the right solution, though I couldn't see it at the time.
>>
Abandon thread everyone, ita junky trying to get a fix. OP is quite literally refusing all substitutes, including one with the reason "siezures lol", despite Xanax being an equal if not higher risk of siezures.

OP is a faggot and doesn't deserve the help we are trying to give.
>>
>>17328765
Smoke weed desu
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.