[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't stop drinking and my friends are starting to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: meh.ro10226.jpg (117KB, 900x631px) Image search: [Google]
meh.ro10226.jpg
117KB, 900x631px
I can't stop drinking and my friends are starting to get pissed off

I'm spending so much money on it but I feel like shit when I'm not drinking

How do you fix alcohol problems if you have a bigger problem underneath?
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 500x667px
Probably by adressing the underlying problem

>duh
>>
>>17325676

But how can I address being a faggot?
>>
>>17325684
By sucking dick and geting your ass impregnated ofc
>>
>>17325670
Stop drinking entirely. From this moment on, you don't drink.
>>
If you drink because you are depressed, find an outlet. That one thing that makes you happy to be alive and dedicate yourself to doing that to help clear your mind and release whatever emotions are bottled up. For me, it's music.
>>
>>17325670
I think their lungs should be slightly blackened as well. When you smoke, everyone else gets fucked too. Not the same when you drink.
>>
>>17325670
Go to AA meetings. Seriously. You obviously have a problem, a group setting with other people who also have experience with your problem is the best place to work through yours, even if you don't buy the whole "12 steps with a higher power" bullshit. Can't hurt to look into it.
>>
drug addict here.

basically, you feel like shit without it because you're constantly indulging in it and altering your brain chemistry, which takes time to reset back to a normal, healthy, sober balance that is conducive to general well-being and happiness.

the problem is that, even though you know you need to quit, as soon as you do, you feel worse than when you were indulging, so foolishly you get lured back into using again and perpetuate the cycle into the future and remain trapped in it.

what you need to do is completely abstain from it and put up with the difficult feelings until you reach that reset point where things start looking up again.

it doesn't really matter what drug it is, whether it's alcohol or meth, the basic problem is the same in each case. once you get used to self-medicating with substances, it becomes harder and harder to deal with the problems of life without resorting to that substance or other substances. it IS possible to live life without any of them, by dealing with problems maturely by thinking about them, suffering through them a little bit, but persevering through to a positive conclusion.

as addicts, we've fucked the whole thing up and got ourselves trapped in self-destructive patterns of self-medicating our feels away, but it's only hurting us in the long run and we need to face it head on and stop hiding from the problems.

by the way, it's easier NOT to do something (i.e., take drugs) than to go through the hassle of doing them, so saying you "can't" stop drinking is a ridiculous lie, what you really mean is that when you try not to drink, you are overwhelmed by the urge to and give in to the temptation and go out and get some, which takes far more energy and money and whatnot that simply sitting on a chair in your room doing nothing.
>>
>>17325670
This thread makes me feel like I have a drinking problem.
>>
>>17325670
Go to a hospital.
Seriously every other advice is shit even if meant for the good.
Go see a doctor. Accept you have a problem.
?
4 Profit
>>
File: 1105807.jpg (31KB, 480x434px) Image search: [Google]
1105807.jpg
31KB, 480x434px
>>17325670
Screw your friends but yeah, drink
>>
>>17326009
>which takes far more energy and money and whatnot that simply sitting on a chair in your room doing nothing.
That doesn't make any sense as the sitting in the room is the reason I drink; to not.
>>
>>17325670
who drew that picture?
>>
replace it with weed, a lot less harmful

>>17325689
awful advice, never quit cold turkey, it leads to seizures and sudden death
>>
>>17326119
>it leads to seizures and sudden death

Dude, what? Put down the joint and read what you just wrote.
>>
>>17325689
>From this moment on, you don't drink.
I want to not, my body can't take the abuse any more, I won't get my full health back, but I'd have a better chance

It is going to be very difficult
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.