[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do i suck at texting/calling back so much? i should be happy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: Nazo no Kanojo X - 08 - Large 34.jpg (150KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nazo no Kanojo X - 08 - Large 34.jpg
150KB, 1920x1080px
why do i suck at texting/calling back so much?
i should be happy there are people out there taht care about me enough to try to reach out to me. but i can't seem to bring myself to just suck it up and pick up the phone/text back. i know it doesn't take long and i should just suck it up. i want to know why it takes me so much in the first place. help me not be socially retarded, /adv/
>>
File: 1466166437694.png (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1466166437694.png
13KB, 225x225px
It's bevause you don't really care about the person, either that or you're shy/scared. So just go ahead and text back, you never know what might happen dude.
>>
>>17325683
It's with everyone. Family and friends. Not that i'm shy or scared of them at all. I just feel pressured when i receive a call/text. I know that's idiotic, but that's the truth...
>>
>>17325691
Well, I understand that but do your best to power through it because the other person may tell you something important
>>
>>17325705
>something important
what if they just text me to see how it's going and basically meaningless smalltalk? if someone texts me about something important that needs immediate reaction, ofc i'm texting back.
i try to. main problem atm is my bf. he texts me during the day, just for the sake of texting. he doesn't have anything new or important to tell me or something to schedule. he just wants to TEXT. and i told him i'm bad with that and that i don't like it. but he still does it and then gets upset with me if i take ages to text back...
>>
>>17325711
Well fuck the other people, ignore them. Now for your boyfriend, he's just trying to communicate with you the best he can, so i suggest actually sitting down and talking to him about that
>>
File: 1466562001291.jpg (168KB, 853x1029px)
1466562001291.jpg
168KB, 853x1029px
>>17325722
>talking to him about that
i did! it gets better for a few days, but i can tell that he doesn't really accept my explanation and get's low key mad and dissapointed at me. he probably thinks "if she truly loved me, she would text me all the time about the most generic and mundane shit this world has ever laid eyes on".
>>
>>17325733
Well, im not sure what to say. You gotta find a way to make him know you're serious about this
>>
>>17325522
my girl is like you OP

would you say you place more value in actual conversation as opposed to texting?

do you treat texting as benign and meaningless, and would rather just have real talk?

It sucks for the guys until we figure you out. You just have to be up front and say you value real convo over texting.
>>
>>17325961
>would you say you place more value in actual conversation as opposed to texting?
absolutely. i can talk with someone the whole night trough. but dat silly texting. i dread it so much. i hope he'll eventually get it and stop being mad at me for it.
>>
OP sounds like the girl I'm seeing. It drives me insane and fucks with my insecurities, but she is honest to god the worst replier in the world.

I know it's not because she doesn't want to talk to me, because she clearly does, she's just fucking terrible at texting and is basically socially retarded.

But god damn is she worth it.

How do I cope with someone like you OP? How do I tell them in the nicest way possible that it bothers me and I want to have an actual conversation with them? I've brought it up before but only in a joking way, but I kind of want to straight up tell her.

What's the best way to bring this up? I'm thinking of just waiting till it's brought up somehow, but kind of talking about it a bit more seriously and say something like "I just want to talk to you and have a conversation with you, know about your day, find out what you're doing and how you are. Not get a message from you once every few hours and maybe not even then".

I know she's interested in me when I see her, but when I don't it feels like the opposite.

How do I deal, OP? How do I approach this girl?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.