[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to master your emotions to the point where you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: giphy.gif (5KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
5KB, 650x450px
Is it possible to master your emotions to the point where you're rarely blinded by your personal opinions and can look at every situation with a Zen-like tranquility, and thus be able to empathize with everyone?

Is it even a good idea to try to do this? People seem to really dislike people who don't have strong passion, emotion, or a zeal to fight for ideals. Would becoming this make me a more unattractive person to everyone I meet because I don't "stand" for anything?
>>
File: meaning-of-Yin-Yang-symbol.jpg (42KB, 945x469px) Image search: [Google]
meaning-of-Yin-Yang-symbol.jpg
42KB, 945x469px
>>17314200

Only a Sith deals in absolutes
>>
I think that's just called being a doormat.
>>
>>17314200
It's called not being a human being. Why does everyone always want these extremes?
>>
>>17314205
Good point. I guess I wouldn't want to become completely emotionless, just to have a better balance.

>>17314226
But a doormat acts like this out of fear of conflict or wanting a reward for being friends with everyone. I want it because I feel like I've made poor decisions and acted irrationally, which has negatively affected my life on multiple occasions

>>17314273
>why does everyone want these extremes?

Because being stuck somewhere in the middle hasn't really worked out for anyone, so everyone tries to go extreme in one direction or another in the hope that it will simplify life.

Overspecializing in one thing means you can always be proud of that one thing, even if everything else in your life is going to shit. Being a master of none is just unsatisfying in general.
>>
>>17314205
That statement is an absolute
>>
I see nothing wrong with this idea.
Over the years I have purposely put myself into provoking situations to try and better understand the people that come from those backgrounds. It helped alot with my studies and future studies into human behavior and how to better modify it to suit a healthy and productive life.
As for being unattractive I don't think so no..most of the unique people I have come in contact with who are usually combative with others are more relaxed and open about who they are and where they want to be so that I may better assist them.
It just depends on why or what you are going to do with that knowledge and the lifestyle.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.