[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have Fomo (fear of missing out). My main group of friends i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

I have Fomo (fear of missing out). My main group of friends i chill with don't really invite me anywhere anymore. I don't really have anxiety because of it, i get mad because my friends don't call me anywhere when they go out, i find that type behavior very cold. I know these guys are chilling because i can see their snapchat updates and stuff, What should i do, its pissing me off and i dont want it to. I want revenge but i don't think that's a wise thing. I kinda wanna stop talking to these guys but i don't wanna give up my friends just like that. I'm not sure what to do? How would you guys react if your best friends don't call you to chill or anything anymore? I have other groups of friends but these are the friends i chill with daily but suddenly died down at the beginning of the year.
>>
They don't invite you, it's not to spite you. Assuming you're a normal group of people, they don't have the time to play stupid tricks on you. OP, the truth is that if you're not invited, they don't enjoy your company. The problem is you, not them, and taking revenge on them doesn't solve the problem, which is you're not fun to hang out with.

You can try this: Instead of waiting to be invited out, invite people to things, contribute, and make it fun for them.
>>
>>17312199
i dont have a problem with any of them, infarct im know as the nice guy in the group
>>
>>17312225
If your presence was that important to them you would get invited senpai
>>
>>17312188
>How would you guys react if your best friends don't call you to chill or anything anymore?
No giving a flying fuck, I don't have 12 yo anymore.
>I want revenge
Stop being a pussy, you're acting like a woman.
>>
>>17312188
if they're not asking you to hang out with them anymore, they're probably not your friends anymore.

if it were me, I'd pick whichever of them seems the most approachable and likely to give me an honest answer, and ask him what gives. it might be as simple as some habit that you have that is grating to people but that you can easily quit. or maybe they just don't like your personality or values or something. maybe you grew out of them or vice versa. I would try to find out if it's something fixable. but if they just don't like you overall, then it's time for new friends I guess.
>>
>>17312188
Do you ever reach out to them? Are you ever the one who suggests doing something?

If you never invite them, you are unwittingly delivering the message that YOU don't like THEM, and they will respect your privacy by not imposing themselves on you.
>>
>>17312626
This. I have a friend that this happens to in my close circle of friends. We've been hanging out together as a fearsome foursome for nearly 12 years now, but over the last couple of years, we haven't really seen one of my friends as often, and the remaining three of us will get together without him. He's gone all of the time, and he never reaches out to any of us, so we just assume that he isn't interested. He's normally doing stuff with his family, and if he makes an appearance it's often not for very long, so we've kind of just let him fall out of the loop. It's not that we don't like Joe, it's just that we're not used to having him around all of the time anymore. We'll still tell him to come by when it strikes us to do so, but like I said, he'll often say that he's busy anyway, so it doesn't really feel like it's worth asking him in the first place most of the time.

Just do what these other anons said and be an active friend. If you want to see people, then you should just tell them that you want to hang out. Don't be a fucking retard about it. Just say "Hey man, it's been too long since I've seen you. What are you doing this weekend?" Or something to that effect. Whatever.

Don't beat yourself up over this OP. I'm sure that your friends still like you. You just need to remember that reaching out is a two-way street. Don't feel embarrassed to actively remind your friends that you enjoy their company.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.