[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is getting married a waste of time? I feel like you can love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1466965655093.jpg (27KB, 568x449px) Image search: [Google]
1466965655093.jpg
27KB, 568x449px
Is getting married a waste of time? I feel like you can love someone without putting it on a piece of paper.

Do people really marry "the one"? I feel like people settle cause all their friends are getting married and feeling left out or it's the "right thing to do"

GO!!!!
>>
>>17304139
Legal marriage is morally worthless.
Only reason to do it is the tax benefits
>>
>>17304139
Bump
>>
>>17304139
Let's be honest, marriage is a trap for men
>>
>>17304139
see guys think its about child support and papers, but really women just want a ring.
>>
>>17304192
this ^^

>>17304139
In this fucked up world, don't marry anyone unless they are bringing the equiv. perks to the table as you; education, income, etc.

That chick you marry who is nice and kind, but will be supported by you while you work; well, she will be bringing home a bag of dicks, and you won't know until it's too late and she has already walked away with half of the shit you worked hard for.
>>
>>17304139
>Is getting married a waste of time?
No.
>I feel like you can love someone without putting it on a piece of paper.
True. Keeping that going through the trouble that inevitably befalls all relationships given enough time, though, requires an outside stabilizing influence. This is where the "piece of paper" is useful, for individuals, for couples, and for the wider society.

>Do people really marry "the one"?
"The one" does not exist. Hundreds of excellent matches that can be made to last with some cultivation and maintenance work, yes. "The One" perfect and effortless match, no.

>I feel like people settle cause all their friends are getting married and feeling left out or it's the "right thing to do"
Some do. It is unwise. They usually wind up suffering for it.
>>
>>17304303
Fucking redpillers. Leave the cancer in the containment boards, creep.
>>
>>17304139
As a female I can admit that I've been brainwashed into believing that no matter how progressive a man is, if he doesn't want to marry me he doesn't love me as much as other men who married their women
>>
>>17304333
well in marriage you can be your self without worrying if they'd leave. basically you can call your girlfriend a fat bitch and she'd still stay and you'd still love her.
>>
marriage is beneficial when it comes to raising a family and if your wife/husband doesn't run out on you and if you can guarantee your kids won't become crack heads that will swipe your debit card when you aren't looking.

marriage "just because" is the "cute" thing to do for your s/o, like the ultimate anniversary/x-mas/birthday/new years/whatever gift. its the "i will wuv you forever, and here's the papers to legally bind us" kind of thing. which is a total waste of time and money; like a half step up from being bf and gf.

i don't get people who marry and don't have kids... you could've saved the cash to go on a kick-ass vacation for weeks instead of budgeting for a wedding and a honeymoon vacation. and should you guys ever split up, the process wouldn't be as gruelling or expensive as a divorce would be.
>>
>Is getting married a waste of time?
IMO, if it's not forever, then yes it is.
My uncle was about to have his 25th marriage aniversary and the month before he just left without saying anything to anyone. If I was in his wife position or his, to me that would be a waste of my time. Not to mention that in those years, I could have found the right person.
>Do people really marry "the one"?
I don't think so. I think many people think they're marrying "the one" but in reality it's not "the one". However, some people do try to make their marriages work and are successful.
>>
>>17304139
It's a waste of time if you see life as a fairy tale or movie and think you're going to have a perfect marriage, family, etc. You're not going to feel all warm and fuzzy every day for 50 years, and that's okay. Many young people fail to realize these things and give up when they think the relationship is dried up.

The bride and groom need to do something for the two of them and forget about anyone else's opinion. They're the ones getting married, not their friends or parents. I actually hate when I see couples going through all of the typical wedding things like "save the dates" and cookie-cutter ceremonies. It always seems so fake and for other people's benefits or only to flaunt theirselves around. There never seems to be any intimacy or creativity. If that's what makes you both happy though, go right ahead.

If you want kids, I do think it's best to get married first. However, too many couples make the mistake of not making sure they're good together and have the right marriage material before they do it. Having babies should NOT be treated like just the next step to a perfect, storybook life. If you don't have a strong marriage before the baby, then you're going to be miserable after the baby.

Marriage should be looked at as a permanent thing. If you think you can just divorce the person if things don't work out, then you're better off just not getting married in the first place. I'm not saying you can never get divorced, and sometimes there are perfectly good reasons such as adultery or abuse, but more people need to fight for their marriages.
>>
My profession is incredibly conservative, so I could potentially he "released from my position" if I am living with a boyfriend/girlfriend. It's not disallowed, per se, but it reflects badly on my position as a pillar of the community. So, if I want to continue in my profession while also having a love life, it's kind of necessary.
>>
>>17304437
You a mayor or something?
>>
>>17304318
Spoken like a true leech.
>>
>>17304456
Primary breadwinner, actually. Sorry to dash your hopes and dre... wait, what am I saying? I'm not sorry.
>>
>>17304443

In education.
>>
>>17304698
Ah, okay
>>
If there were some way to guarantee that a person was the one and wouldn't cheat and all, yeah I would push everyone to marry. But truth be told it makes things messy in a divorce. Lots of lawyer costs n fees, alimony, etc. The benefits are tax breaks, pension pass over, stuff like that.
>>
I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but divorce rates are only high if you include people who divorce multiple times. If you only include peopke who divorce once, it falls to like 15%.
>>
>>17304456
It's funny though because a lot of Rp detractors I've seen have been normal dudes who don't seem to have problems relating to the opposite sex. They may not have fucking harems or lift 7 days a week so I dunno actually they're probably beta pussies
>>
>>17304308
>Keeping that going through the trouble that inevitably befalls all relationships given enough time, though, requires an outside stabilizing influence.

Marriage is not a safeguard against the common troubles in any relationship. The divorce rate is high for a reason and that "piece of paper" can only do so much.
>>
File: 1462256537619.gif (922KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1462256537619.gif
922KB, 400x225px
>>17304139
I married the one recently.

I have some real ass advice.... The sword must fit the sheath. .. like you must fit together...... well.
>>
File: 1465217040260.jpg (70KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1465217040260.jpg
70KB, 1600x900px
do it for the commitment, and it can be a lot of fun its up to you.
>>
>>17305636
Why did you post a picture of a pregnant lady?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.