[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible for an anon to find the IP address of a poster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (17KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17KB, 259x194px
Is it possible for an anon to find the IP address of a poster on 4chan? I met this guy on an online dating site and I think he is psycho and I am scared that he will find my IP and hence my location. I have posted about him on /adv/ before.
>>
>>17304086
Yes, thanks for making it easy to find you
>>
I'm currently downloading pics from your PC

It's only a matter of time until I gain access to your camera
>>
>find the IP address of a poster on 4chan
>on 4chan
>I met this guy on an online dating site
so whered you meet this guy again
>>
>>17304118
Online dating site
>>
>>17304086
This doesn't sound right.Plot twist,OP is the psycho.Dun dun DUUUUUNN
>>
>>17304086
No.
Also
>4chan
>Online dating site
Mutually exclusive IMO
>>
>>17304118
>>17304144
>>17304214
I /think/ that OP's saying she (or he, never can tell these days) has met a guy on a dating site, then posted about him here, and is now worried that he'll be able to identify his? her?... posts then use them to find their IP.
>>
>>17304231
Yeah this is what I mean
>>
>>17304086
ye if u open a document they can use spyware, and most times ip address only give city which u can find out from virtually anything, only can find your address if u type it on your computer even if its not saved
>>
>>17304086
No.

Unless you pay the janitor.
>>
>>17304086
So you met him on an online dating site and he tells you that he browses /adv/? Get a load of this bitch. Maybe you didn't anonymise your posts well enough? Maybe you should stop smoking crack and/or take you meds. Wear a tinfoil hat so he can't read your thoughts.
>>
ITT: FBI

Fuck you you will never catch me.
>>
>>17304086
Dear newfag troll bait shitposting newfriend.

There is no way short of knowing an administrator or janitor that someone can track your IP from a post.

If you tripfag or namefag on a board , that'd only identify you as a poster if your posts get archived.

The only other was to track you would be if you were dumb enough to link to documents that were not scrubbed of meta data or exif information.

In short , post tits and ditch the tinfoil hat
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.