[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My ACT Scores came in: A 28 is good enough to get into UT Austin,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: aids skrillex.jpg (116KB, 461x533px) Image search: [Google]
aids skrillex.jpg
116KB, 461x533px
My ACT Scores came in:
A 28 is good enough to get into UT Austin, right?

I looked online and it said it was moderately competitive, being exactly the average of all the students there. My GPA also average for a student there and it is about 3.7-.8 on a 4.0 scale as well. It has a 40% acceptance rate as well.

The problem is i'm a FUCKING STRAIGHT CIS WHITE MALE and that may drop my competitiveness a lot because it's full of yuppies who value mental and physical traits more than qualifications.

Aside from my grades and after school drama participation, I don't have much else to work with for the application.

You think I can ride my grades into UT?
>>
Probably. I got a 29 ACT and graduated with a 2.8 and got accepted into UT knoxville. Which is a pretty good school, idk how it stacks up againdt Austin. Either way, you'll never get in if you don't apply. Really try to shine on your entrance essay.
>>
>>17301369
UT Austin is the flagship campus, its more competitive than the splinter campuses supposedly.
>>
>>17301392
UT as in University of Tennessee. Just apply faggot.
>>
>>17301361
Flagship schools can be incredibly picky because everybody wants to apply to them. I applied to UT Austin out of high school with a 3.9 gpa, 30 ACT score, a few extra curriculars, and was still turned down. I ended up going to Texas A&M, which is just as picky for their engineering college. One of my closest friends applied to the same schools and got accepted to UT and turned down from A&M. I would still apply, but don't get too down on yourself if you don't get accepted.
>>
>>17301369
Hello, fellow Tennesseean. I work at the Food City by UT.
>>
Should have said you were 1/64 native
>>
>>17301463
On western ave?
>>
>>17301478
Yep Mechanicsville area
>>
>>17301486
Didn't know it was called mechanicsville. You goin to school?
>>
I got a 23 am I retarded? Probably overused but I didn't study at all the science part surprised me
>>
>>17301494
Average is 19, so you're smarter than average, but the average person is pants on head retarded. You're only kinda dumb.
>>
>>17301492
I didn't know it was called that either until I started working there, and when I talk to people outside of the area they have no idea where I'm talking about.

And no, I'm just working right now. I got into Carson-Newman University and Maryville College but I couldn't really afford to go to school and I still can't.
>>
>>17301497
I feel like a failure what can I even major in I'm too dumb for everything
>>
>>17301501
Why is it called that. Also I'm going to Roane State because I can't really afford university. Carson Newman and Maryville are overpriced meme schools anyway.
>>
>>17301494
I made a 20 and if I remember correctly my lowest score was science and my highest was English. The science part kicked my ass.
>>
>>17301510
seconding that maryville is an overpriced meme school. went for a few years and recently dropped out because god damn that tuition tho.
>>
>>17301510
I have no idea. Roane State is good, I've looked into it and Pellissippi before. And yeah I honestly just applied to CNU and MC my senior year because the applications were free. What are you studying?

>>17301524
I qualified for a lot of financial aid, but the amount I still would have had to pay was outrageous. I know two sisters who go there (one graduated last year I think).
>>
>>17301506
Go to a trade school and become a plumber or welder.
>>
>>17301536
Idk if you're being condescending but blue collar jobs aren't for me I'm not good with my hands
>>
>>17301535
Studying to be a PTA, already did 3 semesters at pelli just taking pre-reqs. Kinda wanna be a physician assistant, but apparently you need 3 years of medical experience to apply.
>>
>>17301506
Idk, I'm the one who got the 29 and I fail at everything. I dont think being smart gets you very far. You have to work really hard, and be okay with jumping through hoops and kissing ass.

My advice to you would be to become a PTA it's a two year cert, guaranteed employment, and easy as fuck work.
>>
>>17301542
I'm terrified of putting money and time into a career path, just to change my mind. I guess I should just go ahead with the pre-reqs, though.

Also, what kind of medical experience would you need?
>>
>>17301555
Nursing, emt, paramedic, fron what I can gather. You also need your bachelor's tho.
>>
>>17301547
This may be an option since I wanted to get into the medical field but given my act score i think I'm too dumb for advanced stuff. Can you complete one at a community college
>>
>>17301562
They only offer then at community colleges as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>17301561
Ah I see. Do you think you'll go for it?
>>
>>17301575
Maybe. I'm just trying to stabilize. Currently live with my gf and we may break up. Don't talk to or get help from any family, which would only be a mom and a sister anyway. I'm pretty depressed honestly. Everything bores me.
>>
>>17301592
Yeah, I know how that feels. It sounds like you do need something stable, and a career like PTA sounds like a good place to start. It'll get better, man.
>>
>>17301609
Thanks bruv
>>
>>17301611
Where can I find more East Tennessee bros? Oak Ridge reporting in.
>>
>>17301619
Idk, there are quite a few on /pol/ but when I suggest meeting up I always get accused of being NSA/JIDF. Cracks me up that people in my town, possibly people I've walked by or interacted with accuse me of such things.
>>
>>17301619
Hey, I'm >>17301463. I used to live in the Oak Ridge area.

>>17301611
No problem
>>
AM I COMPTETITIVE OR NOT
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.