[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I lose my emotions? I'm sensitive as fuck and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_nmkffy9IKk1qza1vto1_500.gif (231KB, 460x446px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmkffy9IKk1qza1vto1_500.gif
231KB, 460x446px
How do I lose my emotions? I'm sensitive as fuck and the slightest things in life make me overreact.
> inb4 I need my emotions.
>>
>>17295814
Pls respond
>>
>>17295814
Bump I wanna lose my emotions
>>
>>17295814
You don't. The opposite is worse.
Trust me on that.
>>
>>17295814
Kolinahr
>>
not OP but bump
>>
>>17295814
You have to understand emotions. It's called emotional intelligence. The first step is figuring out what emotional state you are in. The next step is to take the proper steps to deal with that said state. It's all patterns.
>>
>>17295814
OP, you don't want to do that. At all. There are two ends of the spectrum here. One is being overly sensitive. The other is being a sociopath.
>>
bump, sociopathy = superiority
>>
start browsing /pol/ and believe every single meme

you wont lose them though, just replace them by hate
>>
>>17295990
>Sociopath
Well I believe its better . I wish I was one
>>
File: Cyrus_Pepe.jpg (8KB, 222x204px) Image search: [Google]
Cyrus_Pepe.jpg
8KB, 222x204px
>>17295814
I don't think you can ever really "switch off" your emotions, but you can condition yourself to not react to them or let them control you.

The main part of this is just to stop and think before you do/don't do something, and make the decision based on cold hard logic.

Let's say you're bringing your brand new Jag home from the dealership. You stop at a supermarket to get a drink and someone backs in to you (this really did happen to me a couple of years ago). Your instinctive reaction could be to get really, really angry - but stop and think. Shouting at the woman who hit your car isn't going to get the dents out. Calling her names won't put the headlamp back together. Being aggressive with her won't get her insurance details - in fact, it'll probably make her drive off because she's scared of you, then you'll wind up having to fix it out of your own pocket.

You can apply that train of thought to just about any emotion - fear, anger, sadness, anything you like. It's really hard at first but like anything the more you do it the easier it gets.
>>
>>17296014
>>17296018
You can't be serious
>>
>>17296025
>>17295980
I try to think before I do, but it's hard for me to.be comfortable with decisions
>>17296014
>>17296018
>>17295990
That depends. As long as you're not evil towards anyone.
>>
>>17296032
Dead serious

>>17296043
It's not like im going to start killing off everyone i encounter. No I only want that to be successful in my life.
>>
Watch all the gore you can find, look up some weird femdom insult videos and listen to those, experience betrayal and heartbreak.
>>
>>17296059
I saw some of that shit on /b/. I laughed at the videos of terrorists getting blown up, but then I got grossed out over time. Rekt stuff just males me feel gross these days.
>>17296049
I see what you mean. Many powerful businessmen are sociopaths or psychopaths
>>
File: image.jpg (525KB, 450x2514px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
525KB, 450x2514px
An acid-fueled mental breakdown sounds like exactly what you need
>>
>>17295814
Don't lose them. That will drive you crazy. There are enough of those people running around as it is.
Distance yourself from them. The way to do that is gaining experience in solving social situations logically and getting good and succesful at it.
>>
>>17296148
I had weed brownies once. Thays about as fucked up I'll get on drugs.
>>17296166
Yeah I know how to act around people mostly, but I'm tired if having these string negative feelings. I wanna relax and not have these thoughts for once.
>>
>>17296180
Fill your life with positive content. I didn't tell you to behave around people. That's forced. Just distance yourself from your emotions and don't let them take control of your life.
>>
>>17296193
I'll try I guess
>>
Meditate, read some stoicism.

You gain resistance with time, what age are you now? I was fucking emo crybaby between 13-19, now I'm the most cold headed fuck I know on this earth. It came naturally, maybe hormones change, dunno.
>>
you'll get caught on the other end of the emotionally dysfunctional spectrum if you do that. you need to learn how to process and regulate your emotions so they don't feel as intense. it's important to work on finding a healthy grey area.
>>
>>17295814
>How do I lose my emotions?
You don't. It doesn't work.

Here's the problem, from someone who tried for the same reasons OP wants to. You can indeed kill emotions, with a great deal of time, effort, and discipline. But they die in a general order, going from positive to negative.

This might not seem like a huge deal at first, but the problem is that drive and discipline die somewhere in the middle of that range. Without them, you can't continue. But relearning these emotions ALSO requires a lot of discipline, which you no longer have, so you can't go back either. You're stuck with this mess of negativity, with almost nothing positive to balance it out: essentially you literally give yourself depression. And all the things that make you hypersensitive are still in that mass of fucked-upitude, so you haven't even accomplished what you set out to do.

In other words, OP, don't do this. It won't work. In fact, it'll make things worse.
>>
>>17296652
I mean If I die I don't mind. As long as it's not ridiculously painful.
>>
i am just like that. i mean, it's horribly embarrassing. the only thing that works for me is weed. weed definitely puts my emotions into perspective. i don't cry as much, and i feel stupid for crying when i smoke. i don't get angry, etc, etc.
>>
>>17296959
Weed will at most make me feel really anxious and afraid. Are there any drugs that completely rid my brain of emotions?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.