[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important is banal conversation in social interaction? Can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: mar2013nl_alz-atsm-grph.png (22KB, 500x395px) Image search: [Google]
mar2013nl_alz-atsm-grph.png
22KB, 500x395px
How important is banal conversation in social interaction? Can you have friends and a girlfriend without engaging in much, if any, banal conversation?
I'm asking because I have moderate autism and it's very hard for me to engage in banal conversation because of it. Does it mean that I shouldn't even hope to have lasting friendships and romantic relationships?
Is it possible to have lasting relationships if they base around something that you're both interested in (such as gaming, programming, math), with close to no banal conversations?
>>
>>17292682
I get Banal is your word of the day, but i can't figure out if you are using it to belittle all small talk broadly or if you are referring to talking with a blabbermouth.
>>
>>17292682
the thing is, what you call banal conversation is not really without it social function.

It allows you to get an easy insight into the other persons personality, recent activities, the latests of your groups dynamics etc.

Also, relationships should be based on love, not common interests, those only help to facilitate the love.
>>
Banal things do not exist. That's subjectivity.

If you can't derive any value from something, then you are simply looking at it the wrong way. Value is never innate, it's something we create. Learn to find value in what you find boring, and you will also learn how to excel at it.
>>
I feel ya man, I dont see any reason to talk about unimportant shit when I could be home watching TV or playing videogames.

Might be with the fact that when I eat with my family we put on the TV and we dont talk.
>>
>>17292750
more likely you don't have shit to say because all you do in your free time is sit at home watching TV or playing videogames
>>
>>17292774
I have a lot of opinions, hobbies, interests, things that could be subject to talking, but I know that if I talked about those things I would bore everyone, as it happens in reverse.
>>
It's essentially the basis of social interaction. No one jumps into deep and meaningful conversations with someone, you always start with something more shallow and superficial before you build up to a more meaning conversation.
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>17292743

Underrated post
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.