[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone help me understand why women are so into guys with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Can anyone help me understand why women are so into guys with beards or tattoos, when a lot of times (not always, but a lot), these kinds of guys are precluded from getting good jobs in a corporate environment?

I'm a pretty good looking guy, and I have nothing against tattoos or beards, but I've never wanted to risk my career by developing the look, because I know it won't fly in most environments. I look pretty straight laced, kinda Abercrombie & Fitch-ish.

If there's no way to explain it, how do I maximize my clean-shaven, tattooless look to attract more women?
>>
It's not all about finance, not everyone aspires to run the 'rat race' or chase capitalism

I wouldn't get tattoos just to fuck more chicks, it's easy enough if you're good looking and dedicate some time to it
>>
>>17292454
Tattoos merely reinforce the whole "bad boy" image. Beards, however, are a sign of masculinity. Personally, I look way better with a beard, and it hasn't affected my employment prospects negatively. In fact, I find that I do better on interviews and have higher closing ratios with a neatly-trimmed beard.
>>
> these kinds of guys are precluded from getting good jobs in a corporate environment

this is past. I work in an awesome IT company with excellent payment and huge chances of growth, and there's tons of tatted dudes, one of them with tons of neck tattoos too.

It's mostly the fact that these people aren't afraid of what society thinks of them, unlike you.

>b-but they may not have great jobs

Do you want a girlfriend or a gold digger?
>>
I know a lot of women who prefer a cleaner look. What type of women are you hoping to attract? Typically the women who go for tats and beards, are the women who have tats, piercings, dyed hair, and very young and into hipster typethings
>>
>>17292454

I'm like you

clean shaven, clean cut, good looking.

I'd probably look "hotter" if I had tattoos and a beard.

Problem is I can't grow a beard, and I can't have tattoos because I'm a Doctor and I don't like the look of it for my job.

How do you get women? just be yourself, if you're good looking you won't need the tattoos anyway
>>
Girls just want what other girls around them want. One of my friends has trouble with the ladies, so at a party I had my girlfriend go chat with some girls and say she thought my friend was cute. He was getting zero attention before, but sure enough one of those girls who hadnt noticed him before went up to him and sucked his dick later that night
>>
It's normalized to an extent, and it's hot right now and people tend to start thinking more favorably of things they grow used to.

Apart from that though, part of the appeal is that you don't look like another cubicle guy. The fantasy of a guy being an outdoors person and traditionally masculine, or being a rebel who's doing his own artistic thing on the fringe of society, or the fantasy of a cannot be tamed bad boy who doesn't give a fuck about not being a good applicant for a desk job are all sexier fantasies than the mundane reality of the practical argument.
>>
>>17292479

>implying I said I want a girlfriend
>or that I'm afraid of what society thinks of me

>>17292476
Beards aren't totally forbidden in my line of work, it just take a long time to go from one that looks like shit to one that looks decent. I normally rock the stubble look by the time the weekend rolls around, but I'm not allowed to have a "shadow" beard, so I'd have to grow it out over a couple of weeks off, which I don't have in one big chunk.

>>17292480
I do like hipstery kind of girls. What sucks is that I don't like women who take life too seriously and want to stay in at home all the time outside of work, but I have a high-paying office job I don't want to leave.

>>17292492
Yeah, part of the problem here is that once you take me out of the corporate environment, I act more like a dude with tattoos and shit than someone who is straight laced and rich. I have more fun that way, but I'm good at what I do and make a lot of money, so I don't want to bail on it.
>>
>>17292532
>it just take a long time to go from one that looks like shit to one that looks decent normally rock the stubble
>I'd have to grow it out over a couple of weeks off
What kind of fucked up genetics do you have? I go from clean shaven to decent beard in two or three days.
>>
>>17292532
Your post can clearly be translated to:
>waaaaah why these degenerates get more girls than me?

So yes, you want a girlfriend and is afraid of what society thinks of you, since you have the balls to shit talk people who like things you don't like.
>>
>>17292532
>What sucks is that I don't like women who take life too seriously
Those are not the kinds of women who will be impressed with you wanting to look clean cut for your well paying job. That's just reality. Or interested in being with a guy (for a longer stretch of time) who spends a lot of time working to begin with. Especially if they are early twenties and can also kick back with guys their age who have nothing going on.
>>
File: ralph_lauren.jpg (12KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
ralph_lauren.jpg
12KB, 210x240px
i'm a pretty straight-laced type of girl too. i have no tattoos at all, piercings only on my ears, and i dress relatively conservative. i lean more to preppy/feminine. been rated around here as a "solid 8" to a 9 consistently...

but pic related makes me feel like i'll never be good enough for him though, like he's way out of my league. especially if he rocks that yacht club aesthetic. and if he's muscular/ottermode. that's my personal 10 husbando dream guy. they just look like they came out of harvard or yale or something... sexy as fuck imho. do this maybe?
>>
File: Danger!.jpg (15KB, 265x320px) Image search: [Google]
Danger!.jpg
15KB, 265x320px
I've had long hair and beard all of my life, and even though people tell me I look like a hippie I've never had a hard time getting a good job.

Corporations want employees who produce good work, and in my experience what they look like doesn't figure into it.
>>
>>17292454
it's called fashion. trends go in and out.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 282x179px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 282x179px
>>17292454
> Complains about people judging him by how he looks
> Judges other people on how they look
>>
>>17292554
you sound like my fucking ex. ew
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.