[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know how to get a boyfriend and I can't imagine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160401_075856jpg.0.jpg (130KB, 853x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160401_075856jpg.0.jpg
130KB, 853x853px
I don't know how to get a boyfriend and I can't imagine myself getting one IRL. The only relationship I've ever had was an online long-distance relationship one that ended horribly. I often yearn to be with someone again but the few times I tried dating sites, I get overwhelmed by all the guys that try to talk to me. Shit, even thinking about it gives me unpleasant feelings. The whole process of online dating feels stressful for me. I'm nearing my late 20s and I'm feeling pretty hopeless about this. I make friends alright irl but all my close friends are single females and I have no guy friends. I basically have no experience with men. Anybody have any insight what I might be able to do to overcome my anxiety?
>>
Are you not ugly?
>>
>>17291639
I'm not overweight and I'm thinking I'm probably a 6/10 so not completely hideous. Some guys have said I'm cute before. However, I don't dress femininely and I have bitchy resting face, factors that probably repel irl guys away from me. My socially anxious nature probably also makes me appear closed off.
>>
Yeah looking at your post and the fact you have some kind of autism I'd say you should get another online boyfriend, because you're never going to be going around dating everyone

Or maybe get a prescription for xanax so you don't freak the fuck out when you have to talk to real people
>>
exposure therapy is the only real way to get over anxiety

scared of driving? drive a lot until it becomes normal

so just start talking to guys, maybe on some normie chatroom not especially about dating
>>
>>17291652

It's the social anxiety. That's the root for the majority of people. I'm the same. A lot of women show interest in me but I'm terrible with interaction with others, even males.

I know average guys who fuck women on tinder 2x times a week. Girls have it "easier" in the sense that all they really have to do is either be approached or strike a conversation. That is, for sex. Finding a significant other is hard for anyone regardless. How easy is it to find someone you truly get a long with? Maybe easier for others but certainly not me.
>>
>>17291656
Well, online relationships are complete shit and are not actual relationships. Still, I've just gone my entire without ever going on a real date, I find the idea of it completely foreign to me. I can talk to people, even guys, just fine in a classroom setting but it never goes beyond the level of being acquaintances. Doesn't help that my school has way more girl then guys so all the guys seen taken.

>>17291658
>>17291661
I talk to guys plenty in chatrooms actually. I never tell them I'm a girl though.

I do actually go out and draw pretty often and meet new people occasionally that way so it's not like I'm an isolated shut-in.. I really don't know what's wrong with me. I've had my friends tell me I interact normally in social settings when I've had my doubts about my social skills. I feel the socially anxious part of me stops me from making deeper connections with people though which plays into the lack of a love life for me.

I feel like I'm resigned to just keep waiting but I'm getting older and that is kind of freaking me out. I'm pretty much the only girl I know in my social circle who has never gone on a date and I feel like I'm missing out on a huge part of life.
>>
>>17291626
Post a voice sample, and I'll tell you.
>>
Are you a virgin?
>>
>>17291626
This is not normal.
>>
File: Despair.png (2KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
Despair.png
2KB, 128x128px
>>17291626
>I'm nearing my late 20s and I'm feeling pretty hopeless about this
Yes, it is pretty late to start working on this. Expect no sympathy from other women, but a lot of men will take a major interest when they find out you are not a slut who intentionally refused to settle down. If it makes you feel any better, this is happening on both sides.
>>
>>17291751
>the guy who keeps trying to get voice samples

What kind of autism is this anyway?
>>
>>17291943
These cows won't post their picture so it's the next best thing.
>>
>>17291943
It's for my esoteric research. I read voices and look for specific characteristics, depending on what I'm researching.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, anon, and it's best to take advantage if all opportunities.
>>
>>17291943
It's for my esoteric research. I read voice and look for specific characteristics, dependent on context and my current project.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, anon. My chances are better if I ask any and everyone. It's to their benefit anyway.
>>
>>17291965
Hah! Even if your intention in making a modified version of my post was facetious, you expressed it better than I did.
>>
>>17291626
Stop looking for guys. Work on expanding your circle of friends so it isn't all single women. Do things (join clubs, take classes, do volunteer work) that will introduce you to new people.

Some of them will turn out to be people whose company you enjoy (and who enjoy yours) whether they're male or female, single or coupled.

Get into the rhythm of being with people with sex or romance just not part of the package, and you'll relax more around others. And if some of them are male-type people, all the better. Eventually you might find that a male-type friend is someone you might feel comfortable being more than a friend with.
>>
>>17291999
exactly this.

OP I was like you except I hardly even got replies on dating sites because I wouldn't post my pic half the time (I forget what the exact reason was but I'm sure it was something autistic and paranoid, because I am autistic and paranoid). eventually gave up and started focusing on making friends, improving people skills, and generally working on becoming the person I wanted to be - financially, spiritually, etc. it took several years but eventually I did get together with someone, and I was in a much better position maturity-wise to actually make the relationship work.
>>
become lesbian and start flirting with your friends thats what i would do if i were you
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.