[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>started community college last January >start getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 451.png (78KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
451.png
78KB, 412x351px
>started community college last January
>start getting close with one of my teachers
>towards the end of the semester ask him for a letter of recommendation
>he agrees but tells me we should talk about it more
>says he has to go to a meeting first and we can talk after
>invites me, I agree figuring it's probably some teacher shit
>turns out it's a chanting buddhist thing
>stick around, asks if I liked it, say sure just to get my letter
>few weeks later and now he wants me to join at all costs
>introduces me to leaders and shit
>they ask if I'm ready for next step, teacher always answers for me "of course!"
>getting dragged along to meetings because I feel bad saying no, almost miss class
>now I guess they think I'm ready for final step
>keeping calling and knocking on my door past two days
>too austist to say no so just hiding in home and not answering phone

wtf should I do? I don't want to join anyone's religion, but I also don't want to seem like a dick. The guy even bought me some $80 altar already. I'm stressing the fuck out
>>
>>17291090
Start saying no - stop feeling bad about being polite and going and run your own life - straight up say no im not joining thanks for asking
>>
>>17291100
every time I even start thinking about saying no I get a terrible feeling inside that just kills me, I don't know why it's so hard. I was so decided on calling him up yesterday to say no, but when I grabbed my phone I just sat there for like an hour trying to get myself to do it.
>>
>>17291133
I dont get it - you say you dont want to go, but you cant tell him that?

I guess just get the nerve to say it, or be dragged around by someone else and be controlled
>>
>>17291133
Its hard sometimes to stand up and show your feelings

Wait until he asks you again, and tell him no.

Practice your line, over and over again "I appreciate you asking me, but i have to say no, im not going to go"

Practicing it over and over alone will get you ready to say it for real, you will be prepared
>>
>>17291156
>>17291185
Alright I'll try that. I have to do something, I really don't want to be manipulated
>>
>>17291090
Practice saying this unusual word:

No.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.