[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, whats up /adv/? I'm not doing so well. Last week for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160623_041039.jpg (2MB, 3328x1872px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160623_041039.jpg
2MB, 3328x1872px
So, whats up /adv/?

I'm not doing so well. Last week for some reason i've got shingles (herpes zoster) (pic related. 8 days stage) and i've been almost freaking out thinking about things. So, since i don't know where else can i get this info, let me ask.

Does someone knows if it's common to have shingles more than twice? This is my second time with shingles.

Can somebody explain if the virus reactives in random or determined spot of the virus? And if the eye nerve is attacked, is that common to occur vision loss?
This is what most scare the shit out of me.

I've been searching and couldn't find the info anywhere. Also my doctor didn't explain well.

Thanks in advance.
>>
File: 1466710138220.png (62KB, 220x250px) Image search: [Google]
1466710138220.png
62KB, 220x250px
That looks gross as fuck. You must live a dirty life.

2/10 would not shingle
>>
>>17286958
Can somebody explain if the virus reactives in random or determined spot of the body? *

Mistyped that
>>
>>17286960
It looked worse at the 4th day. But now it's pretty okay compared to what it was.
>>
>>17286960
>2/10 would not shingle
kek
>>
>>17286960
shingles is virus you ignorant mong.
>>
>>17286964
If you're not in excruciating pain and its going away so soon it isn't shingles.
>>
>>17287226
I also thought the same, but, i've been through a doctor. There were a rash and it was really painful, but, i mean, its's the 8 day after the appearance of the rash. And again, it was really painful. Burn sensations, needling and supersensivity in the area happened.

But, if not shingles, what could it be? Also, it stopped "midbody". I have a dried rash on the exact middle of my chest. No appearance on the left side.
>>
>>17286961
The virus re-emerges somewhere along a nerve. You can figure out which nerve by looking at where the rash forms and what nerve is connected to that spot. I don't know if anything specific decides which nerve it re-emerges from.
>>
>>17287435
>>17287435
I've read about that.
Also, can it spread to other body parts when the appearance of the rash is not on the same nerve?

e.g. I had it on my right shoulder. Could it spread to my leg or other parts (by rash fluid)?
>>
looks like you're body is getting ready to enter the matrix
>>
>>17287467
I tried to plug my ethernet cable on, but nothing happened.
>>
>>17286958
I'm an old guy.
I had shingles at 17, and then twice more at 15-20 year intervals. Same general area (left side of stomach), but noticeably decreasing severity, down to saw-but-hardly-felt.

It is reputedly dangerous if near the eyes, but you'll have to talk to your doctor about that.

Evidently the virus never dies but remains dormant, flaring up at random intervals. Supposedly triggered by stress or immune system weakness, but in my case there were no apparent triggers for any of the flare-ups.
>>
>>17288040
>>17288040
Ouch.
I wonder if shingles always reappear always at the same place. That would be "convenient". I was in shock thinking about it getting to my eyes by any how.

Also, i didn't perfectly get what you tried to say with that "but noticeably decreasing severity, down to saw-but-hardly-felt". Sorry, english is not my main language. Did you mean that each reappearance of the virus came weaker each time?

Cause i also was thinking about that. Does the immune system gets stronger on fighting against it after the reappearances? Also, biologic sciences are not my strong point :(

Looking forward to handle my stress levels... I personally consider myself a nervous guy.

Thanks for the reply!
>>
>>17286958
Herpes zoster is caused by the same virus as chickenpox (Varicella-Zoster Virus).
that piece of shit survives in Your (our) nerves endings and when Your immune system is weaker than normally for example because of stress or bad life style he spreads out from the nerve cells and make this.
It is life long part of our body, and you cann`t get rid of it (I hope I wrote it correctly, I meant, You cann`t erase it from Your body, kill it, or cure it).
Someone will not have it even once in life, someone once, someone every second month.
I hope I helped You, I am medical student, if You wanna know something else, just ask.
>>
>>17288681
nope, every time You get it, will not be weaker and weaker.
someone has it in one place, someone has travelling rash
>>17289034
same guy
>>
>>17289034
Is that really possible to have it every two months? Holy crap, i'm done...

But i have a question. I've been indeed experiencing some stress and a little bad life style, but it was worse in lots of other times in my life which i didn't had shingles, so...?
Should i expect reappearances soon?

Another question. I'm taking B-Complex medication, prescripted by the doctor. How could i distribute better this medication over the days so i know i'm not missing B Vitamins? I'm taking two pills a day (12hrs)
>>
>>17289649
I mean to economize with the medication, but keeping myself a bit with that. And yeah, i know it's important to have a good nutrition, but i'm talking about the medication.
>>
>>17289034
And what i exactly wanted to know is, if i get in contact with rash fluid in my hands, then irresponsibly take my hand to my leg, does the virus will spread on the leg area. Sorry if i insist in the question. I only do this because i understand that people with poor immune system may have a loong rash area, but what i'm talking about is fluid spread across my own body.

Maybe a last question: Should i remove the crusts at any time?

Mind that i'm being the most higienic person in earth, maybe. I'm taking normal baths with neutral soap, gently baths. I'm washing my hand after and before touching the crusts. And i only touch it when i find necessary or when i need to rub down excess of fluid.

Also, appreciate your help, "doctor".
:)
>>
Did you not get the chicken pox vaccine as a kid?
>>
I got the shingles when I was 15. Two weeks of valtrex and I was fine.

Was told no sex or intimate contact for 2 weeks. That fucking blows as a 15 yearold let me tell you.
>>
The chance of repeat episodes of shingles is slim. You can knock those odds down further by getting the vaccine.

Getting it twice is already pretty uncommon.
>>
>>17289695
I can't remember. But i think so. Faggot mom prob took care of that.

>>17289733
I'm 21yo m8. I'm scared as hell of becoming blind with this shit ya know

>>17289821
According to our "doctor" on this thread, you can get it "every second month". I don't know who i stick with. Wiki and a british health care page agrees with you. Faggot panic mind agrees with "doctor".

Since i can remember and mom told, this is the second shingles case.

Also, can someone tell if exercising can help my immune system by any how?
>>
>>17286960
Op's shingle and ready to mingle.
>>
>>17287421
Ouch, get a second opinion
>>
>>17290051
kek
>>
>>17290057
In total, 2 people + the doctor have agreed that this is shingles.

Do you know any other disease it could look like?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.